Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to me...


It's my birthday!
Shout Hooray!


This year I:

Didn't cure cancer
Didn't go anywhere spectacular
Didn't lose any weight
In fact, I gained weight
Didn't win employee of the year, (but who's bitter?)
Taught Seminary again
Got a new boss, 2 new bosses to be exact
Learned how to make jewelry
Tried a ton of new recipes
Reconnected with my father (after 20 years...)
Moved offices
Redid a bedroom
Read 22 books (The Help was my fave)
Drank appx. 9600+ ounces of Diet Pepsi. (that doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment...)
Talked Jeff into taking piano lessons
Sat through at least 100 hours of soccer game
Didn't spend nearly enough time with friends
Read the Book of Mormon
Cried tears of joy and tears of sorrow and was thankful for every tear shed

Officially became the shortest one in my family
Went to Idaho four times
Spent way too much $$$ on fabric
Made new friends
Sat through at least 50 hours of Volleyball games
Stood in line for meds at Kaiser for a bazillion hours (this is NOT an exaggeration)
Kept my car relatively clean
Said "good bye" to my sweet, beautiful niece Lacey
Spent quality time with my sisters, how I love them!
Prayed more fervently
Put 18,000 miles on my car
made four quilts
didn't clean my closet
didn't go to Disneyland :(
watched or listened to 160 Giants games (thank you sons...)
Got an I-phone
Didn't exercise (see #3) (and #4)
Spent hours roasting in the sun and praying that I don't pay for it someday
Read blogs, blogs and more blogs.
Missed friends that have moved
Wished for more wisdom and patience
Laughed, but not nearly enough
Became more patriotic
Faced more bad health news about Byron
Learned things about the body I never thought I would need to know
Got a Facebook page and an addiction to Scrabble
Rejoiced in my kids successes
Had knee surgery
Ate my weight in chocolate (maybe a slight exaggeration...)
Came to accept myself a little better
Counted my blessings

But THE MOST WONDERFUL?

Became a Grandma to Carter! duh.

16 comments:

Diedra Mahaffey said...

happy birthday my friend!!! You are such a joy... It's not my birthday, but I give myself a present everytime I read your blog-you just make me smile!! Have a wonderful day.. Lindsay & colby are here visiting & its so much fun to be a grandma, right???
(pics on my blog: www.hafftime.blogspot.com) Have a great birthday - come & see me in Utah on one of those pass throughs to Idaho. love ya... Diedra

Lisa-Marie said...

YEAH for Jeni!

This year, how about you make it "five trips to Idaho?!?!?!?"

I miss and love you. I hope you have a fabulous day, my friend. You deserve it. Truly.

Rochelleht said...

What a GREAT list!!! Happy happy birthday, Jeni dear!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday to my otha' motha'!! You are fantastic. I love you lots!

calibosmom said...

Happy Birthday!!! You have accomplished great things this past year-all of which could not have been done without consuming large amounts of Diet Pepsi. Cheers! I loved The Help too.

Celia Fae said...

Happy birthday. I hope you get to do something special.

I love this post idea.

Good Time Charlie said...

Hurray for you. What a fantastic list. Loved that I could be a part of the laughing one! The last item was the best. Here is to another year, hopefully better news about Byron, less time spent in line for meds, no more new bosses, employee of the year this year, and oh yes, a ton more chocolate.

Anonymous said...

i hope you had a great birthday! :)

the wrath of khandrea said...

i love you jeni. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Robin said...

Happy Birthday! you kept your car clean? Wow!

You are AMAZING!

Tristan said...

Happy Birthday my dear friend! I love you lots! That is quite a list!! ;-) Cutest photo of you and Carter ever!!

Lauren in GA said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you, wonderful and lovely Jeni!

My computer has been in the shop so, sorry I am late to wish you a happy day.

I loved reading this post. I love getting to know more about you.

That is the greatest picture of you and handome little Carter.

Love you!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!

life in red shoes said...

Happy Birthday friend!

Sorry about the bad stuff, share your joy about the good, and want to hear all about the reconnection with your dad!
Hang in there Jeni, it's all worth it:)

Jessica said...

Happy birthday Jeni! (cute birthday post idea!)

I didn't lose weight or cure cancer, either! We'll both try for next year!

martyrudd said...

Yes, happy birthday to my friend! Hope you enjoyed the cookies, balloons and visit from Karlee and I on your bday. Can't wait until this Wednesday when we get to take you and Lauren out to enjoy birthday lunches together. We definately need to do something about not having spent enough time with your friends this past year!! xoxMarty

diane said...

Sounds like a great year. What a great list. I love your perspective. That picture is fabulous!