Monday, July 12, 2010

A sweet baby needs prayers

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that when my daughter Rachel was six months old she sustained a traumatic head injury that resulted in her being left multiply handicapped. This event changed my life and the lives of our family forever. We are so blessed to have our sweet girl despite her many challenges.



Preslee Sullinger, 19 months

My daughter Lauren told me of a tragic accident in the life of a friend of hers. I would like to share it with all I can, as this sweet baby needs your prayers and her parents need a miracle. Last Friday her friend Ashley left her baby, Preslee, with her parents. Somehow, Preslee fell into an irrigation canal, no one saw her fall. Two miles down river a farmer was in the canal and felt something bump his leg, he looked down and saw that it was a baby. He immediately pulled her from the water and started CPR. Preslee was life flighted to Primary Children's Hospital where she is fighting for her life. Ashley's aunt is keeping a constant update regarding little Preslee's progress. The blog is here.

I don't know this family, but I do know the power of prayer. As a mother and a grandmother, my heart goes out to this sweet little family. At times like this it is difficult to remember that God has a plan for all our lives and this is part of His plan for Preslee and her family. Having been in a similar life and death situation with the unknown looming before us, my heart is full of love for Preslee and her family. My thoughts are also with her Grandparents and the heartache they are feeling. I wanted to share the story with as many as possible, Preslee and her family needs our love and prayers.

8 comments:

Hollyween said...

I've been praying for this baby ever since I heard. I don't know the family, but I know the baby's aunt and they are just heartbroken... So tragic.

It's good of you to put the word out. The more prayers the better.

Hollyween said...

I just checked their latest blog update and have been brought to tears. I just can't imagine what they're going through.

Prayers are up up up...

And now I need to stop crying. Things like this affect me so much.

Good Time Charlie said...

Pain and more pain. How very, very sad for this family. Prayers and more prayers from my corner of the world. Thank you for putting this up. I know how comforting and how powerful prayer has been for my family in our tragedies. -Love K

Lauren in GA said...

Thank you for posting this, Jeni. I will pray for this sweet baby girl and her family. I cried as I read the blog and saw the pictures. So, so sad.

Rochelleht said...

Oh, thanks for the info. I'll pray for them. I didn't know the whole story of Rachel. Have you blogged it? If not, will you? Thanks!

heart.head.and.hands said...

Auntie, I read your post after checking your blog on a whim of insomnia. I just read the family's blog and am brought to tears and humbled in my heart. I went back and read Elder Hallstrom's talk from last general conference about the two families, each of whom lost a child. One family stayed close to the Lord like this family now is. Their faith has renewed mine. I can't wait until, "My soul was filled with joy as was exceeding as was my pain." (Alma something) Thank you for posting this

Diedra Mahaffey said...

I, like everyone who left comments heard about this little girl thru your blog & we've added her to our prayers each night - so today - Thurs the 22nd- I was so saddened when I checked the blog & found she had passed away.. I guess like you- my heart hurts for those gr-parents... every gr-parents nightmare!... as well as for the parents & families... thanks for the blog entry. love & miss you
diedra

Jake said...

Wow. Thank you for sharing. I love how your experiences have made you empathetic, not bitter. You're the best, Jeni!