Saturday, November 21, 2009

52 years and counting...


Today is Byron's birthday. He's 52 and probably really ticked that I put the number out there!!
Because people don't know much about the other half of me...

1. Byron is the third of four Byrons' in his family.
2. His nickname as a child was Barney.
3. Byron is very quiet.
4. Byron has an absolutely killer wicked sense of humor, and timing.
5. Byron totaled his parents car once. Totaled it. Only naughty thing he's ever done.
6. Byron doesn't really like water, like lakes etc... he's waiting for a creepy character to pop out.
7. Which brings me to...Byron loves scary movies. (I pretended to. )



8. Byron LOVES hot dogs.
9. Byron loves amusement parks.
10. Byron doesn't like to wear shoes.
11. Byron keeps a daily record of his doings. (impressive no?)
12. Byron's closet is VERY organized.
13. Byron watches TV in his underwear, (that was for you Andrea)
14. Byron loves to go on cruises.



15. Byron doesn't like chocolate. (what?)
16. Byron went to BYU on a full ride scholarship.
17. Byron scored a 760 out of 800 on his DAT. (smart boy)
18. Byron graduated in the top 10% in his Dental school class.



19. Byron loves the old TV show "The Avengers", ( we have a poster in our room...)
20. Byron LOVES music. His I-pod is close to full.
21. He has thousands and thousands of albums, 8-tracks, cassettes & CD's.
22. They are all in genre and alphabetical order.
23. Byron served a two year mission to Munich, Germany.
24. That's where he learned to love sausage, potatoes and cabbage.
25. Byron was a wild, wild, wild little boy.




26. Byron loves animals.
27. Byron loves to shop. (yes friends, you read that right...he LOVES to shop.)
28. Byron got three B's in college...Pearl of Great Price, Bowling and Organic Chemistry.
29. Byron can not tan. He burns very well however...
30. Byron likes to vacum and clean up.
31. Byron LOVES, LOVES, LOVES soda pop.
32. Byron is a fan of the SF Giants.



33. Byron is a night owl.
34. Byron is now a Science teacher.
35. Going places with Byron is like going places with Mr. Wizard.



36. Byron is very neat and tidy. (opposites attract.)
37. Byron is very gentle and soft spoken. (see above)
38. Byron is a very loyal son.
39. Byron has a mind of useless trivia.
40. No one likes to play games with him. He always wins.



41. Byron loves to watch Chelsea Lately. (it's his one vice...)
42. Byron was never once grounded in his life. (see side bar of #36)
43. Byron doesn't like ice cream, or dessert in general. (CAN NOT Relate)
44. Byron has very nice, readable handwriting. He flunked chicken scratch in Dental school.
45. Byron used to run track.
46. Byron used to play club volleyball and racquetball.
47. Everyone loves Byron.
48. Byron loves his kids fiercely.



49. Byron would rather be with his family than anywhere in the world.
50. Byron is very tolerant of his family's reality TV addictions.



51. Byron is excited about being a Grandpa!
52. Byron is very brave.


And.....

53. Byron shares a birthday with our son-in-law Skyler! Happy Birthday to two of my favorite guys ever!!!

9 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

What a great post. I loved hearing more about him. He really sounds like a stellar guy.

I love that he has a great sense of humor and timing...and I am totally impressed that he keeps a daily record of his life.

I laughed at #13. Andrea will be thrilled. ;)

I am happy that you are so happily married...even though the man does not like chocolate or ice cream!? I am usually of the opinion that you shouldn't trust anyone who doesn't like chocolate...but he seems safe ;) Plus, hello...#27 makes up for it!

Happy Birthday, Byron and Skyler!

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, and I forgot to say that I love the pictures...especially that first one.

the wrath of khandrea said...

let me speak freely here, bdawg. you were a sexy man in your younger years. however, after having to watch television with you AND your son in boxers, i will never, EVER think of you that way.

have a great birthday. if i were around, i would serenade you with the free willy theme song. although i can't do it nearly as well as you can...

Rochelleht said...

That was super sweet and very interesting!!! Aren't hubbies the best? I feel like I could make a list like that and fall short in every category.

Kim Walus said...

Mark just turned 53 a few weeks ago so he can totally relate to the getting older kinda feeling. I do hope that you had a very special day today because you deserve it. We love you and send you our very best birthday wishes!!!

calibosmom said...

I wish I knew Byron-he seems like a very cool guy and someone I'd like to hang with. I love useless bits of information and Chelsea. Happy Birthday to your boys!

Vicki said...

Happy Day Byron!--we love you!

Lauren said...

love my daddy...and my husband too! I was really hoping that the third man in my life would be born to share the birthday love but no luck. sooon!

life in red shoes said...

What a great man.
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving.