Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh Baby Love!!



He's here...the man of our dreams!

This is Carter, born on November 30th at 8:29 pm, weighing in at 6 lbs 2 oz, 19 1/2" long.
He is absolutely perfect and we are totally in love! He has dark eyes (right now) and strawberry blonde hair,

Lauren went in to be induced early that morning, her Dr. broke her water at 8:30 and she was hooked up to the Pitocin about 9:00. Everything went well, she hung in there like a trooper until about 2:00, then she wanted the epidural. She was at a '4' so she was good to go. It seemed like she was taking forever to get anywhere and we thought there was going to be a December baby. Around 6:00 the nurse checked her and she was at a '6'. The nurse told her it would be an hour or two per centimeter from that point so we settled in for a long night.



At 7:15 she was feeling a lot of pressure, so the nurse checked her and wowza!! she was dilated to 9 1/2!! Everyone got really busy then...the Dr. was called, the warmer was brought in and a baby nurse was called for! Amy, Skyler's mom and I were lost in the shuffle! I was texting Rachel and Jeffrey the whole time with details, they both wished they were there.



This is about the time I started to cry. All Lauren has ever wanted is to be a Mom and in a short time her dream was to come true. It's overwhelming to watch your baby become a mother. I just prayed and prayed that all would go well and that everyone would be healthy and safe. My prayers were answered. After pushing for less than a hour, he just popped out. It was so fast! What a miracle, one second in the womb, the next breathing and crying. I don't have the words to describe the emotions and experience. Awe inspiring.



Since every birth has a little story to remember it by....so do we. Lauren did awesome, Skyler on the other hand was a mess. He had a terribly infected tooth and was in a ton of pain. He was so drugged on Vicodin that he was a little loopy. His left side of his face was all swollen and he could barely smile. When it came time to push they told him to count, he couldn't. 1..2...3..5...8...6, it was so funny.



Another funny thing was that Amy was totally taking birthing shots on her camera without Lauren knowing, later she was showing her and Lauren was just a little grossed out. Then Skyler told the Dr. he had brought a mason jar for the placenta. The
Dr. looked shocked and we all were hysterical laughing. (He didn't really....)



Later the nurses forgot to give Lauren pain medicine but they sure remembered to give Skyler contraband pain meds!!! It was funny, they were bringing him pillows and blankets and chicken noodle soup.





We are so happy to have him here, he is so precious and wonderful. I could look at him all day and never get bored. I think it is more fun than having your own, and you get more sleep!!!




The Evans Family

For more cute pictures go to Lauren's blog: http://blogginlolo.blogspot.com

24 comments:

Tristan said...

Love ALL the pictures!! He's adorable!! I'm so very happy for you Gammibelle! I'm very happy for Lauren and Skyler!

What a neat experience for you!

Kim Walus said...

Jeni, Isn't it just a wonderful experience becoming a Grammi? I have loved it and it's so much harder to say goodbye because they grow up so quickly.

I'm glad that you will be able to see them in a few weeks at Christmas time. The pictures are wonderful and it's fun to share this experience with you. Thanks for sharing.

Lots of Love, Kim and Family!

Jeanelle said...

He is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations to your entire family. Have so much fun spoiling that darling boy.

diane said...

I love the picture of you with your new baby boy. You are going to steal him aren't you?

I love the stories too.

This is the best Christmas gift ever. Do you know the song The Best Gift by Barbara Streisand? It is on her old Christmas album. It is my theme song for Evan since I found out I was pregnant with him on Christmas Eve. I'll let you borrow it for your theme song if you want.

Annemarie said...

He is absolutely adorable!! And you, my dear are the most beautiful Grammibelle!

Jessica said...

I got chills reading that. I so loving delivering babies! He is darling!

Cassandra said...

That's so wonderful!

Dani and Chandler said...

I'm so happy that you're a grandma now! That baby is going to be soooo spoiled by grandma!

calibosmom said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations!

Jen said...

I'm so excited for your family! Carter is such a sweet looking baby. Infact, he is making my uterus twitch a little.

Babies are such wonderful miracles!

Rochelleht said...

YEAH!!!! Congratulations. How very exciting. He is darling.

GO Gray's said...

That is so cute!!! I'm tearing up reading this and can picture one of my girls becoming a mom. And you are such a great grandma.

queenieweenie said...

Yipee! He is SO very cute...of course. Congratulations to you all!

Jake said...

What a lucky lucky boy he is. Two parents who love each other and love him. Not to mention one amazing grandmother!

Thanks for sharing all the juicy details.

Anonymous said...

He is a cutie!!! When is she bringing that baby here so I can hold him?? Congrats Grandma. This is so fun.

Lauren in GA said...

He is adorable!! I love the pictures!! The one of you holding him made me cry and then I started crying harder when I saw the one of Lauren leaning over him and it looks like he is responding to her voice. So, so beautiful!!

I cannot tell you how happy I am for all of you CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine my baby having a baby. So amazing.

Linsey said...

He's perfect. Congratulations all around. What a wonderful experience for all of you and especially his new grandmothers.

Valerie said...

Beautiful little boy! Many best wishes to the family. :) And congratulations to you too, Jeni!

Anonymous said...

so, so very special, just love the photo of him looking up at his Mommy! So very special...

Anonymous said...

we are so happy he is here too! i can't wait to hold the little man!

life in red shoes said...

Words cannot express how happy I am for you and your family.

Grandchildren, they are the reason we have kids of our own.

Los Hansen said...

Congratulations, Grammibelle, You have now added another constant worry to your life and a beautiful face to you prayers! He is going to be such a wonderful missionary...I promise you, it will feel like tomorrow! Good Job you guys!

con amor,
JoElla

Ilene said...

Beautiful, beautiful boy!

Congrats!!

Travelin'Oma said...

Congratulations! Being a grandmother is the absolute best. It makes the motherhood years all worth it!