Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Just call me Susan...

Today is a sad, sad day for me.

But I scraped myself up off the floor to share my sadness.

I have worked at Liberty High School for six lovely, action packed, busy, enlightening years.
I have given my heart and soul (not to mention TONS of $$ on fundraisers, financing my childrens campaigns, dances, yearbooks, cute clothes to wear while working...okay, those were totally for me, but STILL....) to this school.

I have worked LOOOOONG hours, I have worn many hats, I have been the "Mikey" of Liberty...got a project? "Give it to Jeni...Jeni will do it!!!"

Testing? Give it to Jeni!
Honor Roll? Give it to Jeni!
SIP Chair? Give it to Jeni!!
Every 15 Minutes? Give it to Jeni!!
Class Advisor? Jeni will do it!!
Chaperone at dances? Jeni will do it!!
Sit on a rooter bus for 26 hours with 46 teenagers? Jeni will do it!!
Decorate? Jeni will do it!
Achievement Night and Breakfast of Champions? Give it to Jeni!!
WASC Committee? Give it to Jeni!!

I could go on and on and on..... (I know, I already did...I tell you, it's a sad day...)

So for my service and dedication, I have nominated for Employee of the Year.
Every year, for the past six years.
Including this year....
Align Center


And EVERY year, including this year,
I lose.


Me...at the end of a long day, no makeup, sad and with a cold sore. Lovely. I obviously have no pride.

Six years in a row. I lose.

It's a popularity contest, and I will never win one of those.
I am not a good suck-up or a phony.
I'm me, for the good and/or the bad...
I'm me.
So I lost AGAIN.
I don't really care about the honor, I have been in a parade before and I wouldn't get a raise. But DANG-IT!!! , I really wanted that parking place for the next year. It's all about the parking place.

Susan Lucci lost 18 times, so I have a ways to go.
In 12 years I probably will retire, that's when I'll win.
When I won't need the parking place anymore.

Console me.

18 comments:

Jake said...

Don't blame you for being sad. You totally deserve that parking spot.

Lauren in GA said...

Jeni, that is completely ridiculous. I cannot believe that you did not win...again. I am sorry. I know I have said this before but, it's like Oprah says..."Everyone wants validation." YOU DESERVE some validation for all of your tireless work. I have even heard you in action when you called me in the hospital last year. You were cheerily talking to me to lift my spirits and then someone came into your office and you told him something along the lines of, "I need this signed or you have detention." You were firm but kind all at the same time.

What dopes they all are. Hmmmmmph. I love you!!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i would never vote for someone with a coldsore. herpes loses every time.

Sally said...

Jeni, you are awesome. As far as I'm concerned you are employee of the year. Good job!!!

Jessica said...

That parking space is, like, the biggest treat of all.

So sorry.

I'll give you a free parking space for a year at my house. Especially if you will be in charge of breakfast and testing at my house...

Tristan said...

What?!?! I'm so completely ticked off!!! What is the school's number? I would totally call them and tell them that they suck!

You deserve every rec recognition possible! For someone as hard working and as giving as you are and dealing with all that you do in your personal life there should be a national holiday with a parade and lots of chocolate!

Love you Jeni! You're #1 in my book!

Anonymous said...

They just don't have a parking spot big enough or good enough for you, (the principle is too embaressed about how much you do for them to give up his spot!) It sems like the best never come in first anymore!

Good Time Charlie said...

Dear Susie, so sad for you. Every year you are the darling of the selection process, adored by fans, students, teachers, parents, and friends. Everybody knows you are the one who deserves the award, but because you don't "play the game" the award is passed to the one who campaigns the hardest. I felt honored to enjoy a meal with you and help in the healing process of this most terrible loss. In the meantime, may I offer you my condolences and maybe a case of Diet Pepsi and box of Sees soft centers? That usually does the trick for my losses. We love you, signed, your most adoring fan. Good Time Charlie.

Belinda said...

You deserve the parking spot!

Lisa-Marie said...

Yeah, but I bet your grand baby is WAY cuter than the winners!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE you, Jeni.

Rochelleht said...

You are AWESOME!!! And that's just it.

You're AWESOME!! Cold sore and all.

Ilene said...

Please, we all know if this contest was open for outside voting, you would win by a landslide.

I think you should negotiate a parking spot in treturn for heading up all of those crazy jobs you are so nice to run.

Paige said...

You deserve to win. I'm sorry about the cold sore and the parking spot. Life seriously sucks. Sucks. Go eat something delicious and enjoy the pity party.

Robin said...

So unfair! And you are WAY better than frumpy ol' Susan Lucci.

I vote for you.

Lauren said...

stop that, you are not a loser. You don't need a title to know how much people appreciate you. Just because people campaigned for the title doesn't mean that they worked harder than you. One year you will get it and it will feel even better!

life in red shoes said...

Here's a little comment for the "winner."

Congratulations, that brown spot on your nose say's it all.

Hey Miss Jeni, where I come from, you're the bomb!

Anonymous said...

start saying "no" :)

Margaret said...

I agree with Ileene. I vote for online voting.

And, if you like, I'll come down there and beat someone up for you. I have moves that I'm willing to share.