Friday, May 28, 2010

What did we do without him?

It's hard to describe what a tiny 6 lb redhead did to our family.
What did we talk about, laugh about, love wholeheartedly before him?

Carter is six months old and it's impossible to imagine life without him.

I often wonder if I loved my own children as much as I love him?
I'm sure I did, but this little guy has stolen our hearts.
When they say your own kids are great, but just wait till you have grandchildren...
They're right!!!

He's now 6 months old, 15 lbs. 13oz, 27" tall.

He loves his feet,




going on the swings...



Playing with toys...



THE GIANTS...



licking soda cans,



peaches....



red licorice,




rolling all over the house,

Coming to Gramma and Grampa's house...



His Momma...



His Daddy...


(this picture cracked me up)

He's a happy, happy boy!



And did I mention he's brilliant?



(And if you look closely, he's showing you just what he thinks of Daddy having to do homework.)

13 comments:

diane said...

What a cute little man! I hope one day soon ig will be my turn for grand babies. Thanks for sharing.

Rochelleht said...

Too CUTE!!!!

the wrath of khandrea said...

well, i had thought it was me that you adored and talked about before. no worries though- i'm willing to give up the limelight for l'il man. he's adorable.

and thanks for the shout out to big daddy Byron. miss that guy.

Tristan said...

He's just so adorable! You are right to be such a proud Grammibelle! I love hearing about how happy he makes you.

Kim Walus said...

Really great pictures and it's soooo fun to have grand children. I'm sure loving mine. Carter is sure darling too.

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, I love that kid too. What an absolute doll. I could eat him up. (Maybe THAT'S why Skyler and Lauren have had me babysit in a while. They're afraid I'll eat him!)

I love that first pic of you and Carter. It is so sweet and perfect and represents just what Gramma love should be.

I miss you.

Lisa-Marie said...

"HAVEN'T had me babysit." That's what I meant.

Good Time Charlie said...

There is something so extra wonderful about the first grandchild of the family, plus, we all know how much more love Red Headed boys get, they are extra special. The first one in our family just got married! Happy pictures for your family.

life in red shoes said...

I've said this before, Grandchildren are Gods reward for letting our own live!
When we are raising our own we are so caught up in the day to day business of surviving. Now we know how fast time flies and take the time to stop and smell the baby bath:)
So glad you get to spend time with him.

Lauren in GA said...

HE IS ADORABLE!!

That first picture totally made me teary for some reason. It is perfect. I love it.

I love all of the pictures of him...especially the one of him dressed up for church and of he and Daddy sleeping on the couch. Oh, so cute.

I love you, Jeni. You are wonderful Gramma.

I laughed about him rolling all over the house.

Jake said...

Darling, Jeni! As an oldest grandchild, I can assure you he will feel special for his ENTIRE life!

queenieweenie said...

he is cute and worthy of every bit of spoiling i'm sure you do!!!

Anonymous said...

So precious!!!!!!