Monday, December 1, 2008

The Thanksgiving after Math


The equation:

1 holiday

+ 1 24 lb Turkey & 3 siblings



+ 16 family members



- 1 Grammy - 1 set of Newlyweds ( we missed you!!)




+ 10 cute cousins



+ 2 much food



+ 5,456 calories (give or take a thousand)

- 6 adults with hearing loss because of children's fun



+ 1 four year old who discovered the drum set



+ 1 seven year old who discovered Guitar Hero



-1 25 year old with intestinal problems (16 diapers in 2 days...)



- 2 hours doing dishes (thank you again Byron)

- 0 family squabbles

= One really great day!

Okay, so for those of you who stayed with me.... Go to the picture of the whole family...see the corner hutch? See the couch next to it? Normally there is a large, heavy coffee table where the table is. On Saturday I climbed up on the couch and then on to the arm of the couch to put up a Christmas decoration. Image if you will, me falling straight back from the arm of the couch ( yep, lost my balance....) and hitting the corner of the table in the middle of my back, having the force be so great that it moved the table 8 inches. Then as I slid when the table slid, hit the back of my neck. Really happened, I have the bruises to prove it and my permanently traumatized kids who saw the whole fall. I have been on drugs, that's why my Thanksgiving post is late. Is that just typical of me or what? Good grief.

19 comments:

diane said...

You look great.
Sorry we missed it.

Lauralee said...

happpy thanksgiving.. looks like a great time- minus the diapers.. darn!

Nortorious said...

I'm coming to yours next year. Ours was loud and everybody fought over the one chocolate pie.

Linsey said...

Sorry about Rachel and your fall!! no fun. "2 much food" -- love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am surprised you were still standing! Everything else sounds great, except poor Rachel! Lots of family fun!

Lisa-Marie said...

Glad you had such a great holiday. Sorry about the fall.

And I wish I would have thought about inviting Lauren And Skyler over one night this weekend. We could have played games or something. It can be so hard to be away from family. I'll think better next time.

Celia Fae said...

Ouch. I hate it when my furniture attacks me.

I like the set up. Is that the pool table?

Nancy said...

I love your title. Very clever. Hope your back/neck are feeling better soon!

calibosmom said...

Good grief! Will you stop hurting yourself please! Despite the injuries, looks like an amazing Thanksgiving.

mamasuisse said...

Sounds like a great day minus the diapers and especially minus the fall. Ouch! I hope you feel better soon.

Hazen5 said...

Awwww, how's your back? You poor girl. Your dinner looks delicious like always. And no holiday would be the same without Byron doing the dishes!

Lauren in GA said...

Ouuuuuuch!!!! Well, at least you didn't bonk your noggin because the post and the title was very clever...I loved the, "give or take a thousand" concerning caloric intake. I am sorry you got hurt. Our Thanksgiving had the whole, "hearing loss because of the children's fun". I want you to go take a nap, okay friend!

I hope Rachel is better, too!

queenieweenie said...

wow girl!

I hope you're okay.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i like how you took a picture of the food from up above. it made the food look more slender.

Robin said...

I am so sorry that you got hurt. That sounds awful! Poor baby.

Rochelleht said...

Oh, can I relate to the mucho diapers! UGH! So sorry you had to deal with that at Thanksgiving, though.

Jake said...

Clever title. Clever wrap up. Sorry about the injury!

Ilene said...

It wouldn't be a holiday with some physical injury or someone with bowel problems, right?

Margaret said...

You poor girl. I hope your neck is ok. Cute post!