Tuesday, August 18, 2009

50 is Nifty...Best Birthday Ever!!

Whew! What a day. I hope my old ticker holds out.




I woke up this morning, my 50th birthday, and found pieces of paper all over my house with little sentiments on them...Jeffrey had called family and friends to ask them what they liked/loved about me!! He had 50 different things from people all over the house. What a sweet birthday surprise and I loved it!!!



You bet I am~~!


Validation....finally.



This is from one of my nieces, they all call me Aunt J. Now I'm old aunt J.

Then I went to Seminary to take doughnuts to my favorite bunch of 15 year olds. They are adorable. Absolutely adorable.




I went to work and on my desk were flowers, a cake, balloons and cards. I am loved by my office. I forgot to take a picture. oops. bad blogging. See....I'm getting forgetful already.



I was just working along when my office door opened....in marched a bunch of drummers and then percussionists and brass players. Liberty High School's Jazz band then performed a rousing version of Happy Birthday and God Save the Queen! It was hysterical.

Then my gorgeous, funny cousin Jeanette brought me lunch. Yummy.

For dessert my sweet friend Marty brought me WARM chocolate chip cookies, loaded and packed with chocolatey goodness!!!!



Mitchell called, Lauren called, Bro Mark called......

THEN... I go home.

THIS is what awaits me.....


Click on the picture to make it bigger for the full effect.



I laughed so hard I needed protection!



Absolutely, without a doubt...THE single funniest joke ever played on me.
This lovely garland on my garage door for the world to see.



I'd like to thank the little elves who provided me with Granny Panties so now I can truly fit the part. I have an appointment for my violet rinse and perm on Wednesday.
(Trisha? Kelli? Emma?.........) Jeff knows who and won't spill the beans.



What did I get this year?



An i-phone is coming to me soon. I hope I can figure out how to use it.



I got these from a friend whose love of Scotch Mallows rivals my own. Nice way to sabotage my dieting friend.....

Phone calls from Rachel, Gabi, Andrea, Karen and Diane!!!!
How blessed I am to have met so many amazing women blogging!!

Flowers and chocolate and industrial sized Diet Pepsi from lovely Erin (out visiting from DC).

Dinner out with my in-laws who are the two kindest, most generous people I have ever known. I am blessed to have them.

A call from my mother who lives in Africa and my siblings rounded out my day.
I am happy and tired. What a fabulous day. What more could I ask than to be surrounded by those I love and who love me.


Tomorrow...round two. Dinner with friends.

20 comments:

Rochelleht said...

YEAH!! What a fun, wonderful, amazing day!! There is nothing like feeling the love from friends and family on your birthday. I'm a gift person, so that's why I love birthday's so much. I just feel so loved! I'm glad you had that kind of day. You deserved it. Yeah you for being so wonderful.

Kim Walus said...

It's been birthday week here at my house getting your birthday package ready to mail because I started it last week. I'm sorry it took me so long to finish it but trust me when I say that it will be worth the wait and who said you can't keep celebrating.

It's coming priority mail so you should be seeing it around thursday, maybe friday!! I'm glad you had such a great day and I wish that I could've been there sharing in all of the celebrating.

the wrath of khandrea said...

what if i told you i did the panty joke, and those all came from my lingerie drawer.

i'm sorry, i just choked on the laughter.

you deserve the best. glad you had it!

Robin said...

The party never ends! I am glad you had such a wonderful day! You are well loved.

Tristan said...

That sounds awesome! I love your garland! That is hysterical! You have such a good sense of humor about it!

I'm glad know you! Sorry I didn't call! I should have I have your number. Anyway, I'm glad you got spoiled!! You totally deserve it!!

Annemarie said...

I'm so glad you had a day full of treats and laughs!!

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday! I love all the pictures. So sweet. :) Looks like you had a wonderful day...

Lauren in GA said...

What a fabulous day!! Jeffrey is such a good boy! That is so wonderful how he called all of those people.

I also loved that they played, "God Save the Queen" so great...you are the Queen ☺.

Those are some great granny panties.

I am so happy that you had such a lovely day!!

Ilene said...

Crap, a 31st birthdasy really blows next to a 50th birthday.

I hope you are feeling the love!

diane said...

The granny panty garland is the best thing ever.

Jeff is a good son. He gets extra points for that one. He even remembered me. Now, if I can just talk to you...

kreygirl said...

Why do I get nailed for the prank? Little 'ole innocent me. I am shocked, confused, and yet pleased. Insert evil laugh. You'll never know . . .

Paige said...

WOW What a birthday! A full marching band would only happen to you, jeni! The garland is the best. I'm hoping the pink panties are yours. I'm saving this post for when I turn 50.

Anonymous said...

what a great birthday! i loved the granny panties!

i love see's candies and esp. the one you took a bite out of. divine.

happy late b-day.

life in red shoes said...

You are so deserving.

mamasuisse said...

Happy birthday! What an awesome gift from Jeffrey - I'm going to try my hardest to remember that for my husband's September birthday.

You look awesome, by the way. I hadn't realized how much you look like Lauren until I saw one of the pics in this post.

Jake said...

You have a fun fun fun group of friends! Love the undies!

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday Blog friend Jenibelle!

I saw the movie Julie and Julia last night.It was hilarious. (A dozen words that didn't need to be in it...but still it was hilarious.)

Lauralee said...

that garland is awesome! sounds like a wonderful day, showered with gifts and yummy food and thoughtful friends!
happy bday again!

Anonymous said...

What a nice and terrific day!
You are so loved and there is nothing better in the world than that for such a deserving person! May each and every day bring you such joy! Besides according to the Aztec Calendar, you'll be ressurected before half your life is over!

Lehis said...

I'm glad it was so good. Happy 50th!