Saturday, August 1, 2009

One year ago

A year ago today, I was going crazy.

It was the day before my only 'marriageable' daughters' wedding.
A wedding, the event that mothers start dreaming of the minute a daughter is born.
The event that I had planned for a lifetime. (at least in my dreams)



A year ago my wonderful sister Rose was here with me, propping me up.
A year ago my 'soul sister' Rachel was here, sharing the joy of being the "second mom."



A year ago I was sad that Lauren's beloved Grandpa and Grandma 'Matoes' weren't here with us.
A year ago I still couldn't decide what dress to wear.
A year ago I weighed 35 pounds more.
A year ago I learned that love doesn't need words.



A year ago I worried that I had forgotten something.
A year ago I worried because I had spent way too much. (worth it)
A year ago I was re-thinking pink boots for centerpieces. (so cute)



A year ago I was praying that it would cool down from the 104 degrees expected.
A year ago I was hoping that I had taught my young daughter everything she needed to know to be a good wife.



A year ago I was thrilled to have another son joining the family.
A year ago I was surrounded by all those I love so dearly.



A year ago I was thanking my Heavenly Father for answering my most heartfelt prayers.
A year ago I was running on adrenalin and Diet Pepsi.
A year ago I was worried that no one would show up...what would I do with all that food???



A year ago I was already exhausted.
A year ago I couldn't stop smiling.
A year ago, her dreams came true.



A year later...we're looking forward to more joy and more dreams to come true.



Did I ever mention it's a boy? Carter -?- Evans, due December 7th!!!

26 comments:

Robin said...

Awesome post. Made me teary.

Erin said...

It was the wedding event of the year, that's for sure.

P.S. I think I found some of your 35 lbs

P.P.S I'm here until Aug 18th.

Annemarie said...

This is a great post, Jeni. I love it.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! So many things can happen in 1 year!

Lauralee said...

oh that was the sweetest post. that picture of your daughters is so sweet... it made me cry..

35 lbs! that is awesome congrats on that!

Lauren said...

I can't believe it has already been a year!! can't wait to head to chicago tonight! My wedding week was SO much fun having everyone there, I wish I could go back and do it again!

Nancy said...

A year ago I was meeting your amazing family, and I'm so glad I got to be there for such a great event! Oh, that also means that a year ago I was keeping my pregnancy a secret from everyone until I was done with my first trimester! Congrats on the grandson!

Tristan said...

Aaaww! This was an awesome post! A year just flies by doesn't it??

Ilene said...

I loved the review. It was fun to go through the wedding steps last year.

Carter is an adorable name. I love all presidential type names. Hence, Jackson.

Lauren in GA said...

Jeni, that was such a lovely post. It made me cry. When you said, "Love doesn't need words" and I saw the picture of your beautiful daughters on the temple steps...it opened the flood gates.

It has been an amazing year. And that is so neat that you are down 35 pounds!!

Uh...I think I know where they went. Just ask my waistline.

Lauren is the cutest. pregnant. girlie. EVER!! She looks so great!

Hazen5 said...

Has it been a year already? Our girl is all grown up! I am so glad I got to be there with you enjoying every minute. I know you will be there holding my hand at my "first" wedding.

Love You

Lindsey said...

WOW! What a beautiful look back! It looks like it was a fabulous day!

diane said...

She is a beautiful girl and she will be a good mama because she learned it all from you.

queenieweenie said...

dang girl! you made me cry.

Tiffiny said...

LOVED the picture of Lauren & Rachel!!! LOVED the pink boots!!! LOVE the baby bump!!! As one of Lauren's former babysitters... I feel old!!! (Not lovin' that so much)

life in red shoes said...

Wow, what a year!

Lisa-Marie said...

Best post of the day! Maybe of the year!!!! happy happy happy.

35. You ROCK!

Lehis said...

Ahhh.. such fun memories! Your little is growing up and now will have a little boy. tear-tear. And I LOVE the name Carter... are they really using that?

Rochelleht said...

Wow. Time flies!!

Dani and Chandler said...

Carter?! So fun! That's the first boy name we have picked out... no I'm not pregnant yet... I got a puppy to hold me off for just a little bit longer. Check our our blog!!! Love you!

Linsey said...

What a beautiful tribute to such a wonderful event in your life. I'm so excited for you to be a grandma and I'm positive that with your great example Lauren will be wonderful mother.

And, 35 pounds, wow, wow, WOW!!

Anonymous said...

awesome!

annegb said...

What a beautiful blog! I had to tell you my best friend from second grade's name is Jennabelle. I've never known anyone else with that name. We are still friends.

I found of your 35 pounds, too.

Diedra Mahaffey said...

and one year later, our little girl came on the same day...Little Arie Krey... Comings & goings... what life's all about... great post girl... sums up what every mom feels but can't say nearly as well as you!
love you girl...

Margaret said...

A boy? How great is that?! I have always LOVED the name Carter. I have a friend with a boy named Carter Kimball which I think it a dreamy middle name combo.

Celia Fae said...

Hi. I need to know when your bday is. I know it is soon and I'm worried I'll miss it. Give us a warning.