Monday, August 17, 2009

Cue the Fireworks....I'm 50



Happy 50th Birthday to me!

It's my birthday.

I really didn't have anything to do with the day, I just showed up. Thank you to Judy and Dick, my parents, for making me and bringing me into the world. And for in their own way, giving me roots and wings.

To tell you the truth...I'm not real happy about this birthday. Oh I know...50 is the new 40... but I am really weirded out by the realization that my life is probably half over and that the next part of my life is all down hill...the body breaks down, the memory fails, the wrinkles sag and the hair turns gray.
BAH HUMBUG




SO...

My mom always said that if you're sad sing a song that you love or think of things that make you happy. My kids hate it when I sing.

50 things that make me happy...

1. My faith and the hope that comes with having faith.

2. My husband

3. My kids (most days)

4. My sense of humor

5. My son-in-law

6. The prospect of being a Grammibelle.

7. Memories

8. My siblings

8. Chocolate

10. The sun

11. Colors

12. My friends

13. Telephones

14. Sewing & Fabrics

15. Cooking

16. Reading

17. Cars (thank goodness I don't have to ride a horse)

18. Other peoples' talents

19. Shrimp

20. Flowers, especially Daisies, aren't they just a happy flower?

21. Anything Red, except ants and sunburns

22. Giving service

23. Teaching Seminary

24. Camping

25. Looking at the stars

26. TV Reruns

27. Pictures

28. Laughing (and through tears is even better)

29. My co-workers

30. A new pair of shoes

31. My kitty purring

32. Rachel giggling

33. A clean house

34. Diet Pepsi

35. Digging in the dirt

36. Warm summer nights

37. Cool summer mornings

38. Holidays

39. Traveling

40. Learning something new everyday

41. Music

42. Old Musicals

43. Making new friends

44. Sleeping

45. Hair Dye

46. Water

47. Listening

48. Those last few moments before falling asleep

49. Singing out loud

50. Blogging


I'm feeling better already...happy day to everyone!!

Eat a piece of chocolate to help me celebrate.

33 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Oh! Let me be the first to say, "HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" I SO love birthdays. And your happy list! Hope your day is/was uber-fab!!!

Lauren in GA said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the list. I love your sense of humor, too. I also love the sound of Grammibelle!

...and I agree...dasies are such a happy little flower ☺.

I will definitely eat some chocolate in honor of your birthday because I am such a devoted friend.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!! My Shiksa friend, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU!!!!!!! Hope you have a fantastic, fun filled day.

Annemarie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I'm so glad I "know" you!

Tristan said...

Happy Birthday Jeni!!

You are fabulous and I just feel so blessed to know you!!

Loved your list! I hope you have a great day! Love ya!

skyler said...

have a happy birthday hope the day goes good!

Hazen5 said...

I am very sad today that I am not with you! We will celebrate in September. I hope you get to eat shrimp for your birthday dinner. Love you and wish you the best 50th birthday ever!

Jen said...

I knew there would be fireworks!

Your list makes me happy also. It's a great list!

Have a very happy birthday!

Nortorious said...

Happy Birthday! You don't look a day over 25!

Lauren said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I am bringing you a red velvet cupcake when Skyler and I head to California. Hope the boys spoil you today, maybe I will convince skyler to take me out in your honor tonight! HAPPPY DAY!

queenieweenie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jeni Dear!!! I hope you have a wonderful day. Reading your list, it's no wonder I like you so darn much.

Loves, Loves, LOVES!!!

Cassandra said...

Happy Birthday!

Christie said...

Fifty never looked so good on anyone. Have a happy, happy day!

Jessica said...

Happy Fifty, you old wise woman!

Hey, I'm coming to visit next week. Can we celebrate your birthday then, too?

Jessica said...

Why can't I find your email? Would you email me? jessicaromney@hotmail.com

the wrath of khandrea said...

i can't believe chocolate came in at number 7, but i only made it to number 12.

if it weren't your birthday, i would take offense. but since it is, let me just say how much i love you and hope that you have an outstanding day. and kudos to jeffrey for his clever idea.

diane said...

You make me smile. Happy 50 girl! Make the next 50 be even better. You are an inspiration and a crack up.

Now I must find some chocolate cake.

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, and I just wanted to point out to your readers that not only do you not look 50 you do not sound 50. When I was on the phone with you while I was in the hospital I thought you sounded so, so, young.

And it wasn't because they had me on heavy medication, mind you.

Happy Birthday, again friend!

Ilene said...

Happy Birthday Jeni!

You make 50 look fabulous. I hope your day is fantastic!!

I am so glad you love fabric. I get compliments on my bag each week at church. When they ask who made it I squeal, "My bogging friend, Jeni!"

Ilene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Ellie said...

I'm having a diet pepsi right now in your honor. Happy Birthday!

Celia Fae said...

I'm coming out of comment hiding. I hope you had a fab day. Please post a picture of the giant panties your house was decorated with. I can't get over them.

heidiram said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a fabulous one! Heading out the door right now to go find some chocolate. Oh wait . . . I think I will go to See's tomorrow. I will eat a piece/box of chocolates in your honor.

Robin said...

Happy Birthday! You are wonderful and amazing! Hugs!

martyrudd said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENI!! Hope you loved the cookies:)
Marty

D-dawg said...

Happy birthday Jeni!! I thought about you today and remembered that we have the same b-day! I hope your day was good. You are an awesome 50 year old and I never would have guessed your age!!! Seriously! happy Birthday!

D-dawg said...

Happy birthday Jeni!! I thought about you today and remembered that we have the same b-day! I hope your day was good. You are an awesome 50 year old and I never would have guessed your age!!! Seriously! happy Birthday!

Paige said...

Happy Day Grammibelle! You truly deserve it and I thought of you and gave you a toast of happiness as I drank my diet soda today.

Nancy said...

Hi, I just found your blog. Happy Birthday!!! Hope it was a great day.

Nancy

Lauralee said...

love your list.. I am so late. sorry! Hope it was a great day!

Anonymous said...

Yu are just plane Wonderful and the whole earth is a better place because you have been here and still are!

calibosmom said...

Sorry this is so late but Happy Birthday!!! I have 50 posts to read tonight-I'm a bit behind. I can't wait for school to start!!! I'll eat chocolate and drink Diet Coke all day tomorrow in your honor.