Sunday, August 23, 2009

After THE FALL



Remember when I told you about a little fall I had at work?

Three months later, numerous braces, trips to my physical tortureist, Dr. visits, ice-amundo, swelling, limping, whining and complaining...I'm going under the "knife" or probably a laser, and getting the problem fixed.

I tore my meniscus in two places, cracked my knee cap which healed incorrectly and may have damaged my ACL. I didn't know what a meniscus was until I hurt it~ who knew what a pesky little thing it was?

It's my first surgery ever. I'm a bit nervous. It's out-patient and I'll probably be home in 6 hours or so, but I'm still nervous.

I'm also excited!!

I will be able to bend my knee again!!!

I won't be miserable anymore!!!

I get two weeks off work!!!

I don't have to wake up at 5:15 for Seminary!

I get big time drugs which means I will get sleep!!

Be thinking good thoughts for me on Tuesday...7:00 am surgery time.

PS. if you are in my ward reading this....I don't need anything REALLY!!

17 comments:

Margaret said...

My favorite part was your note to the ward. LOL.

diane said...

I know all about knees. UGH! Best wishes friend. "Strengthen the feeble knees" will have new meaning to you.

Nancy said...

For those of us not in your ward, do you need anything? :) Good luck and have fun with your time off work. Make Jeff and Scotty and Byron pamper you and attend to your every whim.

Nancy said...

Prayers and hugs for a speedy recovery!!!

Jen said...

Good luck with EVERYTHING! If you have physical therapy, I hope your PT is a hottie!

Claire said...

The scariest (and ONLY scary part, in my opinion) is not being able to eat for 10 hours. You'll be fine.

Tristan said...

I'm glad you are going to have it fixed! I will for sure keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Yay for drugs and 2 weeks off!!!

Lisa-Marie said...

Today during church, Kendon was showing me pics on his phone that he had from my surgery in January. My first thought was, "man, I haven't slept that well since." Seriously. Anesthesia is good stuff.

I will be thinking of you on Tuesday. Can you please have Jeff put an update on here or his FB so we know how you are?!?!?!

Much love to you!

Robin said...

I will be thinking of you! I hope you mend quickly with all the great care you will get from your ward.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i may be selfish, but i'm looking forward to your 2 weeks off from work so we can finally squeeze in a phone call. we have until friday of this week, bc then i go back to work as well.

i may call tomorrow, just to see what kind of intresting things you say while on drugs.

Lauren in GA said...

I am sorry you have to have surgery...but I am excited that the nagging pain can finally be corrected!!

I love you so much!! I am so excited that you get a whole 2 weeks off of work!!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog asking how I am doing and if I know I am loved. I do know I am loved, thanks to you, girlie!

Love you!

Minnie said...

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery your wya.

martyrudd said...

Hey, Jeni, since I'm not in your ward anymore, what can I do to help?? Taking your seminary class just isn't enough...do I hear a cry for cookies?
xoxo

Tiffiny said...

I didn't know what a miniscus was either until Brandon shredded his in a dirtbike incident. We've been through that whole out-patient knee surgery thing. Good luck! You'll be in my prayers fo' sho'!

Ilene said...

I hope your knee is doing better! You have a little grandbaby you will need to chase after!

Jake said...

How was the surgery, Jeni? Hope everything is ok and that you feel better soon. Update us when you can...

Anonymous said...

I just found out about this today from Marti! Ack! I am so sorry, and you DO need something, I don't count. Mark and I will put our heads together tonight and come up with something Jenni worthy. Hope you are healing well. PS Way impressed you made it to 50 without EVER having surgery. I could count on both hands the ones I have had!