Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Heavenly smack down...

I should know by now NEVER to brag, because sure-as-shootin', the minute I do, it's going to backfire.

Take for instance my gloating at school that I am the only one that hasn't taken a sick day in two years. AND that I haven't had a cold or flu in I don't know how long....

One week after my unwise gloating I have now taken two sick days and wished I could have taken out on a stretcher. I, and Byron, can not remember the last time I have been this sick. God heard me and shook his head..."tsk, tsk Jeni...smack!!!" I'm down for the count.

The negatives:

1. My throat hurts so bad I can't eat.
Oh wait! That's a positive.

2. I have been coughing so much I can't talk.
Oh wait again! My kids think that's a positive.

3. I can do nothing but lay on the couch and watch TV.
Shoot, it's been fun watching and sobbing over "Baby Story" and plotting how to get on "What Not to Wear".

4. I am so weak I can't cook for the fam.
Bingo!! Grandma lives in town and the fam had steak last night and I didn't do the dishes.

5. I had to take two days off work before a three day weekend.
(Having a hard time thinking that's really a negative here, they are paid)

6. I have to take cough medicine, icky stuff.
This is actually good, I can sleep in the middle of the day.

7. My tummy and sides hurt from all that hacking and coughing.
Wait! I lost an inch around my waist...who knew coughing could be an aerobic exercise!?

8. Being home in the middle of the day means I get to hear the drums of my son being beaten.
But, on the other hand, when he saw me on my death bed he stopped.
There is a heart in him after all.

9. Too sick to even go to Seminary.
More sleep!

10. Too sick to eat.
Have lost 4 pounds, what's not to love about that?



Isn't this pathetic? To show your sympathy and support, the author requests that you eat some chocolate on her behalf. She'd do it herself, but is too sick to get some and dang it! She's dieting.
Oh, and this is a testimony what hair and make-up can do for a person.

24 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i'm not just saying this because you're sick and i want to make you feel better... but you have such natural beauty! your features are classic, and if i could have your eyebrows, i'd trade in a heartbeat.

sorry you are sick, although after this post i'm not really sure what i'm apologizing for. go on and enjoy your mini-vacation with all the perks of weight loss, snoozing, and no drums.

Christie said...

Eating chocolate in a show of solidarity right now...yummmm.

Get well, friend.

Christie said...

Eating chocolate in a show of solidarity right now...yummmm.

Get well, friend.

♥Shally said...

I am going to pretend I didn't read this post because whenever I talk about sickness, or my lack of it-- bad things happen to me also.

So i was never here...

Annemarie said...

So, so sorry. If only the laying on the couch, watching tv & eating chocolate while losing weight could be combined (minus the sickness, of course)...that would be heaven on earth.

Smack down's suck.

Lindsey said...

Yuk. Speaking from someone who just had the goop right before childbirth... I AM SORRY! It is horrible. Best wishes for a FAST recovery.

Ilene said...

Feel better.

In honor of you I am going to eat a few pretzels dipped in white chocolate right now. They were a V-day treat I made for the husband but really, we all know that is an excuse for me to make and eat something sweet.

Thanks for providing another excuse to chow. Those four pounds will be living with me now.

Tristan said...

Oh Jeni! Being sick is the worst!! I am so sorry! At least you are looking at the positives!! That's the attitude to have! ;)

Get better soon!!

Jeanelle said...

Hey, you look fabulous without hair and makeup - seriously! Like Andrea said, you have awesome eyebrows too! And have you seen Oprah without anything on her face? Very scary! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

GO Gray's said...

you poor thing!!! The kids had fun with Jeff at the park the other night. I told him he is going to be our baseball nanny. I'm taking him with us everywhere, so me and James can actually watch some of Derick's games.

Nancy said...

Get better soon Jeni! I'm heading for my chocolate orange sticks right now to show my support!

Margaret said...

I've been sick too. We are just seeing eye to eye. Ok I'm off to answer your email.

diane said...

You're even cute when you're sick. Feel better.

life in red shoes said...

I could be the poster child for the cosmetics industry, one look at me without make-up and they would'nt think twice about animal testing. You look like a woman with the flu, I'll be right over with homemade chicken soup...and Lysol.

Jen said...

Being sick is the pits! Big fat stinky arm-pits!

Hopefully, you will feel better in a jiff and be able to party hard for the remainder of your vacation.

Everyone around here is sick! I'm surrounded by sickies! Everyone in the blog world is sick!

I will not get sick, I will not get sick, I will not get sick...

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, I am so sorry that you have been sick. I laughed at your title! Nothin' like a Heavenly smack down.

I am with Christie...I have no qualms about eating chocolate in a show of solidarity.

Fell better soon!

Lisa-Marie said...

I was just telling Kendon, "I NEED a chocolate treat. Not want..NEED!" I guess I was having sympathy pains for you and didn't even know it!

I hope you feel better soon soon soon! Dang, I wish your package had been in the mail last week. That would have helped cheer you up. Pooh. It will be shortly though. Love ya, BEAUTY. (I want your eye brows too.)

DPound said...

I don't have chocolate to eat on your behalf, but what about an ice cream cone? I hope you feel better soon! :)

SharingTheDance said...

You are right you do need to notice and be grateful for those perfect eyebrows. Dang woman!! You have more hair in one brow than I have in two and they know exactly where to go!!

I love that you took a photo of yourself sick. I have been thinking about our classmates on facebook who all look so amazing for our age and I have been wondering about those who have not joined us, wondering if they feel unworthy. I've been thinking they might feel right at home if they saw all of us "less than photo perfect."

Jeni you ROCK, I am very glad you brought me back in your life so I could be so blessed by you. Thank you.

Sally said...

:( I hope you are feeling better by now!

Anonymous said...

i sure hope you feel better soon!

Nortorious said...

Great sick picture. Only true bloggers post embarrassing pictures of themselves. Please note my muumuu pic.

Lauren said...

mom, look at cassandra's blog, there is a link on mine, MADY IS WALKING!! it is so cute.

Travelin'Oma said...

I'm jinxed whenever I brag about something. Just saying it out loud seems to invite the curse. Also, saying "I'm never going to (fill-in-the-blank)" has the same result.

I hope you feel better quick.