Monday, February 23, 2009

The kid has talent!


The Christmas tree

Is there anything more fun than watching your children grow up?
It's rough.
Especially those dog days of pre-school when they can talk and have no coping skills or rational thoughts.
Everything seems like such a crisis to a small child.
Going to bed, sharing toys, wearing the same thing day after day after day, learning to do homework, fist fights in church, learning to work; everything is an ordeal, at least it was at my house!

Then, they turn into teenagers.
It's rough and it isn't pleasant then either! Now it's time for their butterfly wings to unfold slowly; and watching my children learning to take those first little flights of independence was hard for me. I want to keep them safe from the world wrapped snuggly in the cocoon of our home forever. But I am not getting my way!!



Our cousin Rebekah


another cousin, Erin

I have loved (okay, not loved, tolerated sadly)watching their personalities and interests taking shape.
In the past few months Jeff has fallen in love,
with my camera.
A little inexpensive digital camera, but in Jeff's hands it sees things I never would.


Lauren and Skyler


This picture is on our fridge!! We love it.

It is so fun to watch him grow up, develop interests and talents and hopefully a lifetime hobby. I wanted to give him a little internet art show. I might just be a proud mom, but I think my kid might just have some talent!!








An almond blossom that looks like it is just hanging by itself.


love this, see the little bug?






Take a bow Jeffy! Your first photography show, I hope there's many, many more!

20 comments:

Lauren said...

AWWW so proud! He really is good!!

Anonymous said...

great pictures! love the one of lauren and skyler you have on your fridge!

the wrath of khandrea said...

isn't it exciting to watch a hobby develop? i love what it does for one's confidence as well. if more teenagers had productive hobbies, i think they would be easier to handle. and easier to like.

have him start a little photography blog where he can show off his work! and where his mom's friends can leave him comments... i'm sure he'd love that part. :P

Anonymous said...

My son is 23 and I still want to "cocoon" him! Those photos are great, I agree, I do think there is real talent there!

Annemarie said...

WOW! He has talent. These pictures really are good!

Annemarie said...

Just had to look at them again...I LOVE the one of the mailbox, and the daffodil.

Lauren in GA said...

Yes, yes!!! Take a BOW!!

The pictures are truly wonderful. This was beautifully written, Jeni. I laughed out loud about the fist fights in church. ;)

Ilene said...

You can do that with a cheap digital camera?

I should really read my user's manual.

They look great!

Tristan said...

Wow! He really is good! Please post more of his work! I love the nature pictures! The one of Lauren and Skyler is awesome too!

Lisa-Marie said...

Jeff.....WOW! You are really talented! Don't you need to come visit your sister soon AND take pics of my kiddos!?!?!?!?!!?

Create a photo blog, Jeff. Really you should!

Jake said...

Those ARE great! He could make and sell his own greeting cards...

GO Gray's said...

wow Jeff those are awesome pictures!!!

Rochelleht said...

Wow! Seriously, he really is good.

Anonymous said...

Great photographs!!! He should start a photo blog. It would make him take photos every day - which would only make him get better! He's a nautral :)
If I hear of any fun photography classes coming up I'll let Jeff know.

diane said...

Cool pictures! He has a good eye.

Margaret said...

Awesome Awesome! Way to highlight a budding talent.

Hazen5 said...

Talent.. He's got it!

Jeff, I am reserving you as my photographer for R.J.'s wedding.

Lehis said...

I sense a nice new camera... where he can REALLY explore his talent. Good job Jeff!!

calibosmom said...

I'd buy them! Great job...he does have talent!

Jen said...

Wow! So impressed. Loved the close-ups of the flower and berries the most. So artsy fartsy. They would look great enlarged and used as an art piece.

Good job!