Thursday, July 17, 2008

Saintly Friends




My friend MO has been graciously trying to keep me sane. I love MO. If I could be anyone but me, I would be her. She is beautiful, gracious, funny, generous, kind, smart, talented...and she will be horrified that I wrote this because she is also humble.

I went over the other night at 9:30, we were going to do some planning of the Friday night feast the night before the wedding.(Which she offered her home for...I told you, she's pretty terrific!) She brought out her party book, where she has meticulously written down every single detail of every party she has given in the past 100 years. The woman is a marvel.

Then she said...."what are you going to feed your out of town guests and family after the wedding before the reception?"
Uh.................................didn't have a clue, hadn't thought about it. After all, they can go through a drive-through as well as I can.
"Well," said MO, "at Sarah S's wedding we did box lunches." Cute! I replied with a sunken heart. One more thing to plan and organize. "Now listen..." said the perfect and wonderful MO, get someone to do this for you. DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF" she commanded.
"Who?" I meekly gulped. WHO could I ask to make lunch for 50 people, make it cute in keeping with the rest of the events?

THIS IS WHO...yet another saintly friend. My friend Kim, who is possibly the most creative person I have ever known. She is coming from Utah to help me, I asked her to make the lunches and she has gone above and beyond. Are these the cutest bags or what?






I am so, so, so thankful for my saintly friends.

Vicki, who addressed every single invitation
Pam, Vicki and Marty who tied bows on soda bottles for three hours and have listened to me endlessly....
Kim, for coming and bringing her creativity with her!!!
Paige, who is helping me pick a dress and giving me some confidence.
Jen, who has given me such cute ideas
Nancy, who will take the most gorgeous pictures
Lauralee, who is adding sweet details that will make things fun
Emily, who took gorgeous pictures and is making a guest book to remember forever
Maria, who is making the video for us
Lisa Marie, who will be my kids mom away from home and will give me peace of mind
MO, who is lending her house for a big party the night before and encouragement every day
Gloria and Mike, sweet friends who gave me the keys to their home because they will be gone
Carole, who gave the most spectacular shower EVER!
Rose, my sweet sister, who will give me strength and calmness
Rachel, for who there are not enough words of thanks...

My blogging sisters who have been so supportive and happy for us, I love you all.

13 comments:

Ilene said...

I'm so glad you have such a great support team. This wedding is going to be fantastic. You better post LOTS of pictures.

Good luck during these last weeks!

Lisa-Marie said...

That was really a sweet post. Nothing like good friends!!!!

Those bag lunches are so so cute! I would not have thought of that either. Nothing wrong with a little In and Out I say. Or is it
In "n" Out? I've never been.

Hazen5 said...

Thank YOU for letting me be a part of this!!! You can only pay me back by being my "go to gal" when it's my turn! And I know you will. I love you and Lauren so much.

I got the flower girl dresses yesterday!!!

Nancy said...

I'm so looking forward to coming and capturing such a special day for you and Lauren.

Kim Walus said...

Thanks for the attention it's just my small contribution to the greater whole. It's so true though that many many hands make light work.

It's so great to have such wonderful friends at such a special time in your life. I'm just so glad that I can come and that I get to come by myself. That doesn't happen very often for me.

I look forward to seeing all of you and being a part of Lauren and Skylars Wedding Day!!!

Annemarie said...

I'm so glad you have such a great support system & such wonderful friends!!! It makes the whole thing that much more enjoyable!!

Paige said...

NOW LET"S SEE THE DRESS.

Jen said...

Awwwww shucks! It was a treat to help you in any way.

I'm so excited to see and hear about the wedding and reception! I'm going to be going to Rexburg next weekend for a family reunion and I will be sure to wave to your precious daughter and soon to be SIL, where ever they may be!

Hollyween said...

Jen DOES have great ideas, doesn't she??!

I can't wait to see the dress!

calibosmom said...

You've got some great friends...you must be an amazing person! I can't wait for this wedding!

Tristan said...

That is a great support system!! That is really nice! Those "lunch boxes" are WAY to cute to be called that! How fun!!

Lauralee said...

thanks.. I am excited for you to get that package!

Lauren in GA said...

Those women are so wonderful!!!

Friends are the greatest :)

You deserve all of those wonderful friends!