Friday, January 23, 2009

The Honeymoon is over




Mine and Barack's honeymoon lasted all of 2 1/2 days.

Two and a half days full of photo ops and speeches full of hope, and now, it's done.

Barack, Barack, Barack....why, why, why?

Why Mr. President, Why Mr. Democrat President that I was thinking I maybe should have voted for?

Why are you sending our tax dollars $ across the seas to foreign lands so that it can be used to perform abortions? They are innocent babies and there aren't many arguments that make this right. (mothers' health, rape and incest and that's it...)

It's morally wrong and it is beyond disappointing.

I'm sad and already disillusioned.

Oh Mr. President

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama on Friday struck down the Bush administration's ban on giving federal money to international groups that perform abortions or provide abortion information — an inflammatory policy that has bounced in and out of law for the past quarter-century.

"For too long, international family planning assistance has been used as a political wedge issue, the subject of a back and forth debate that has served only to divide us," Obama said in a statement released by the White House. "I have no desire to continue this stale and fruitless debate."


Family planning assistance? I could really go on a rant here.

Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., called it "morally wrong to take the taxpayer dollars of millions of pro-life Americans to promote abortion around the world."

"President Obama not long ago told the American people that he would support policies to reduce abortions, but today he is effectively guaranteeing more abortions by funding groups that promote abortion as a method of population control,"

My edit button is on overdrive and smoking.

20 comments:

Lauralee said...

no kidding.. why start your presidency with something like that? such a let down! you say it well jenni!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

That's just the tip of the iceberg I fear. I'm hoping he gets it all out of his system and then moderates.

To quote President Obama when he was talking to the GOP about the stimulus package earlier (today?),
"I won"

And so you did, but no one likes a snotty winner.

Tristan said...

Did you hear about how an hour after he took the oath of office that the White House website changed dramatically? From Bush's support of the family, to Obama's pro-choice and other stuff. Too sad!

Nancy said...

This makes me so mad I could scream.

Nortorious said...

I hereby object to your position. But I still like you a whole lot.

diane said...

This is a huge disappointment. I read that his next move will be to overturn traditional marriage. Not only do we need to worry about our taxes being raised but also the downfall of morality.

Margaret said...

Grrrr.....

Confirms why I didn't vote for him.

life in red shoes said...

I have been holding my breath since he was elected...now I know why. Thanks for the info.

Ilene said...

I want my money back.

And I for one am sick of the women's lib groups touting that abortion is good for women. No it is not. It is lousy for women and great for men. Men get out of fatherhood and women are basically told that we are too stupid to figure out that sex equals babies. And since we are too stupid to realize this and make the necessary precautions for or accept the natural consequences of sex, we are handed this horrible option of eliminating the consequences of our actions: pregancy. Then women are left to deal with the emotional and physical strains of an abortion while men can continue to spread their seed willy nilly. I say we start promoting vasectomies (sp?) as a means of population control.

the wrath of khandrea said...

yeah but isn't it cool how he holds his pen like a total left-hander? you can't dislike that about him.

Annemarie said...

Sick, isn't it?

What makes we even more sick is all the talk about how family oriented he is. What??

Whatever. It's going to be a long ride.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with you more! I felt it was a "slap in the face"!

Ilene said...

OH I forgot to exclaim with joy that you will be coming to Boise!! Yes, yes, you must come and hold my baby and chat with me.

shauna said...

I'd like to say a few swear words but I will refrain to keep your family friendly rating. HIGHLY disappointing.

shauna said...

Oh ya, and one question--is it too late for an annulment?

Lisa-Marie said...

Ilene lost me when she said you will be in Boise!!!! When? I want to play with you and Ilene.

Oh, yeah. Barack, you're in the dog house now.

And I think you and Nor should have a friendly little debate! That would be interesting!

Linsey said...

What happened to the girl scout cookie post? Anyway, now I'm really steamed!! You can mess with my 401K, but DO NOT MESS with my Thin Mints.

Lauren in GA said...

You know...the Honeymoon was over in record breaking time.

calibosmom said...

Yeah, that was really disappointing that it was one of the first things he changed. It makes me wonder what his platform really is.

Rochelleht said...

My honeymoon was 8 days cause I left the country.

I never had high hopes, so I really can't be let down. I'm just hoping he only lasts 4 years so I can get more Girl Scout cookies.