Monday, January 19, 2009

A room with a view

After 3 1/2 days in the hospital, my mother in law has turned the corner, a good corner!! Today about 1:00, it was like someone had flipped a switch and the cylinders starting firing. We're not at full power, but my goodness, what a difference!! She recognizes people, she is talking a little bit, she is laughing! Her kidneys have also kicked in, who knew looking a catheter tube could be so exciting?!?! Thank you to everyone who remembered her and our family in your prayers. We really feel like she will be coming back to us soon. We are humbled as a family by the outpouring of love and concern on her behalf.


Now...., Dear Patient in Room 419...., I am so happy that you are feeling better. Your family was quite upset, we were worried about you. But my friend in Room 419, perhaps when the nurse tells you that you can't get up and walk around, she means it. You know those hospital gowns you are wearing? They don't close in the back. If you want to walk the halls you need to put TWO of them on...one in the front and ANOTHER in the back...this prevents drafts that can make you sick. They also prevent you from mooning us as you walked by, which made us sick.






16 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad to hear things are looking up!

diane said...

What a relief. You deserve good news after enduring that view.

Lehis said...

I am so glad she is doing better. (I had no idea, I just read it tonight). We will remember the family in our prayers. Love you.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i am officially turning all my problems over to you so they will be better handled with grace and poise.

Margaret said...

Yikes!

Ilene said...

Glad to hear the good news!

And um, why is everyone getting all these fancy signatures? I am so behind on blogging accessories.

life in red shoes said...

Thinking good thoughts.

Robin said...

I have a video of me during labor and delivery, I am in a gown talking to the camera in front of the mirror and you can see my whole backside in the mirror. It is so funny. And embarrassing.

Linsey said...

Great news Jeni!

Hazen5 said...

I am so glad to hear that Grandma is feeling better! Give her my best. How's Benji taking all of this? Payton is so worried about him!

Tristan said...

That is such great news! I am so glad she is doing better!

queenieweenie said...

I'm so glad your mama is doing better-what a relief.

Um..somebody hand that patient a robe please!

Lauralee said...

oh so glad for you!

love your signature.. cute!

Lauren in GA said...

I am so happy that your Mother-in-Law is doing better!

Sorry for any emotional scarring incurred by, "Patient in room 419".

Jen said...

What a relief! So glad to hear that she is doing better.

And hello! Nothing like witnessing nude, sick, man, jiggly parts. Ick!

Anonymous said...

thank you for your comment on our family's blog. :) i enjoyed meeting lauren at christmas! it looks like she and skyler are very happy. :)