Thursday, March 19, 2009

U Can't Touch This



It was Hammertime at Liberty today and I was there!!

Yep--MC Hammer came to Liberty and yours truly had some real fun with it.
But I'm wishin' I had worn some parachute pants, shoulder pads and some gold bling! I would have impressed him with my dance moves, but I don't have any. This white girl can't groove.



Why was he at little Liberty HS?
Here's the deal: A & E Television is filming a reality TV about Hammer that will be shown this summer. Ashton Kutcher (!) has a production company that is filming it. The premise is about what Hammer is doing now and his family and his life.


Me and the Ashton Kutcher look a like production manager.

Apparently after MC lost his $12 million house he moved to Tracy, (yes Jessica, YOUR Tracy!). He has been married to the same wife for 23 years and they have 4 children plus his nephew, Jamari.

Jamari runs track for Tracy High. Jamari's mother has had brain tumors and major health problems so Jamari has lived with Hammer and his family. Well, Jamari's mother was well enough to come to the track meet so she and Hammer came and A & E filmed the whole thing.



My children hate something about me.... I will talk to anyone. They don't like to go places with me because it "will take too long cuz you'll start talking to someone...." Today my little talent paid off. We were sitting right there and whenever they weren't filming, I was talking. For instance, I found out that last week they filmed in PROVO because he did a show at UVSC. He loved Provo/Orem and even went to Kneaders for breakfast and had French toast. (Yep, I had a little chat with MC. )



Because of my lack of social norms and taboo's, we got to visit with the production staff, Jamari's mother Debbie and Hammer himself. And we will be in the show a ton. We signed the release forms and had our pictures taken. SO FUN! What a nice guy and what a fun afternoon my 'homies' and I had.


I'd like to thank Hammer for coming today and giving me the inspiration to continue dieting, I saw these pictures ....and enuf said.

ALSO: In an unrelated matter, I got yelled at by my beautiful daughter today for failing to mention Jeffrey's birthday yesterday.


My boy turned 15. I thought that the two posts in two weeks dedicated to him were sufficient, I was wrong. Mea Culpa. Also, last year I did an in-depth blog in honor of Jeff. We did get him a camera, took him putt-putt golfing and took him to Cheesecake Factory for dinner, where he got sick and couldn't eat. Typical Groseclose family dinner. Happy Belated Birthday Fefe, we love you!


Once again Scotty wears a great outfit...where is his mother?


Hate it when your kids get taller than you!



His own camera, now he can stop doing funky things to mine!!!

P.S. Scotty made the Competition team. Let the games begin.

26 comments:

Paige said...

Jeni, that is SERIOUSLY cool! MAJOR brush with fame. and I like your verbal diarrhea. I can relate and it total gets us info!

Annemarie said...

Check you out with your Hammer homies. That is classic.
If only I had known he was in my neck of the woods (kind of) last week. Dang.

Lauren said...

MOM you look good, seriously!! and i am jealous of your new friendship with hammer, i almost went to the MC Hammer/Vanilla ice concert at UVSC cause it was the weekend we were in Utah.

and has dad lost weight. He seriously is looking way good. You both are just getting fit!!

martyrudd said...

Happy belated Birthday, Jeff! And seeing MC Hammer would only happen to you Jeni!! Your luck always amazes me. Ditto Lauren...Jeni, you and Byron look great. Summer, here we come.
PS. It is UVU, not UVSC...remember Bobby goes there and we want the university credentials.

life in red shoes said...

Hell's Bell's girl, we really are related! My family just calmly walks away whenever I start talking, I think it's a gift, the fam thinks it's a curse.
What did you think about Ashton, my brother made a movie with him, long story.

Tristan said...

That is so awesome! You are so cool!! I think you look hot in those pics!!!

diane said...

I can't touch your fame. Was there a red carpet? Will you be invited to the premiere?

You look darling. I love the wrap shirt. Totally flattering.

the wrath of khandrea said...

did you ask him if he remembered the time he and i bumped into each other at the emerald square mall in north attleboro massachusetts? i think it was 1991. fuzzy on the details, but he'll remember.

diane kills me. "i can't touch your fame." she is in rare form tonight.

is it sad that i am so envious and impressed with this encounter? because i was a senior in high school when he was huge, and i loved him. LOVED him. did you give him your blog address? does MC Hammer blog? i HAVE TO KNOW!!!

Ilene said...

Being on MC's show is way up there with.... like Dr. Phil.

I must say Mr. MC looks good.

Jen said...

MC Hammer was at the height of his fame while I was in highschool. I'm so jealous that you met and conversed with the man, himself. And why didn't anyone tell me that he was in Utah last week????? I would have made the trek!


Happy be-lated b-day to your son!

Erin said...

SWEET!

Is Hammer making a comeback then?

Rochelleht said...

If you ever need another brother to hang with, LL and I are like this.

calibosmom said...

I can't WAIT to see you on the tellie! You better tell us when its going to air. BTW, you are lookin' great! Keep it up! Happy Birthday to Jeff!

Lauren in GA said...

I agree with Ilene...he looks really good and really happy.

Whoa, Jeni...you are so right!!! We can't touch you!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is seriously so, so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I happen to think you look GREAT in the pictures!!

Happy Birthday to JEFF!!!

Margaret said...

I can't believe MC doesn't wear the hammer pants anymore. I feel so disillusioned.

That looks like a nice camera. I've heard great things about the powershot!

KaYla said...

I like how the caption on one of the photos just says Hammer. Id like to be on a nickname basis with him. I almost went to see him in concert at UVSC also.
And Scottys outfit in the putput pic made me laugh. (I always ask my mom why she lets rheba leave house at times when she looks akward)
Also... you are looking way good. The photo of you and Jeff is my fav!

Valerie said...

Now I wish I had taken a walk yesterday during work. lol! Great shots and now I'm really going to have to watch MC Hammer's show! Love the pictures.

Christie said...

I am totally going to say that I knew you when...

You rock. Way to get some tv face time!

Celia Fae said...

Did you think in your head what a great blog it was going to be?

Great story, great pictures, where are the Hammer pants?

Anonymous said...

wow, what an exciting time, I think it's cool that you will talk to anyone! It certainly paid off! How fun!

queenieweenie said...

stop.

you had hammer-time.

lame, i know. i loved my hammer pants in h.s. and used to wear them to stake dances. yes i did.

Lehis said...

Maybe he'll move out to Mountain House and put his kids on Aaron's t-ball team! hehe
Cool experience. I've heard really nice things about him.

Anonymous said...

we need your autograph! sounds like it was a great time.

p.s.: you look awesome.

Hazen5 said...

First off Jeni, You look HOT!!!

Dang, I can't believe I missed him! Why did I have to move?

Jake said...

U Can't Touch This is my kids' favorite song of all time.

Wow! I am impressed. Your life seems so much cooler and more fun than mine...

Sally said...

All the stuff about MC Hammer made me laugh. Yo. Hammer time.