Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy 14th Birthday Jeff!


Today (March 18th) is Jeffrey's 14th birthday. I can hardly believe it and can't figure out where the time went and just when did he get taller than me? Let me tell you a little bit about my boy!

Jeff's birthday was supposed to be April 29th, but he couldn't wait that long to see the world.
I went in for my regular appointment and was shocked to learn I was 5cm dilated and hadn't had one labor pain! I didn't feel great, but I didn't have any real pains. At baby #4 and dilated to 5, the Dr. wasn't taking any chances. He told me to go home, get my stuff together and come to the hospital. I went home called Byron and our good friends, Tom & Vicki and made arrangements. The guys gave me a blessing and off we went. I got hooked up to a pit-drip and waited and waited and waited. After 27 hours and no baby yet, they decided to break my water. So we waited for a room, got in the room, broke my water and out came Jeff with the water, they barely caught him!! The nurses said we should call him Noah because there was so much water!
One really interesting thing did happen, after the placenta was delivered the Dr. told us it was really proteinous (Huh?) and was perfect for the burn unit (huh?). He asked if we would donate it as an organ. (Hmmm....) so at three minutes old, Jeff was an organ donor! Jeff came into the world totally bruised up, he had a traumatic labor and he looked like he had been beat up. He almost instantly turned yellow, his billirubin count was over 50! So, my tiny little 5 lb. baby
spent the next 8 days under the lights.

He has always been a happy boy. After three dark brown eyed children, we couldn't believe the blue, blue of his eyes! He had a round little head, sticky out ears and huge blue eyes! He smiled early and walked late (15 months) and I think he learned to talk at about 8 months and hasn't stopped since! Jeff is named for our good friend, "Old" Jeff and his daughter Erin. (Jeffrey Aaron) Citymama was our favorite babysitter when she was growing up and we just love her. She was a big sister and great friend to our kids. We didn't tell her that we were naming our baby for her, it was such a sweet, special moment introducing him to her in the hospital. They have always had a special bond.

Jeff is our most social child, he loves people. He has always loved adults, for his third birthday party all he wanted was his "grown-up" friends. Some of them had children his age so there were a couple of kids too.
(Find Celia Fae in the collage)

Jeff loves reality TV, his favorites are Survivor, Amazing Race and American Idol. He also loves music and movies and likes to read. His favorite subject in school is Leadership (that should tell you a lot about him!!) In the summer you can find him in the pool, he's a fish. He doesn't like Scout camp outs, going to bed at night or any food that doesn't include the suffix "ugget...." (He has a limited diet!) He also HATES Geometry. He is going to get carpal tunnel at a very young age because he loves to text message. He is really looking forward to going to Seminary next year (haha...!)

Jeff is also our family cruise director. He is always getting out games and wanting us to play. In the car he loves to have spelling games and mental math. His favorite colors are orange and lime green, (I didn't let him redecorate his room because of this). We call him 'Boy Star Reporter' because he knows everything that happens and doesn't hesitate to report!! He doesn't like snow or road trips so this week's trip to Idaho may kill him. We'll miss him.

We are so thankful for Jeff, he adds spice and spunk to our family. Just about everything I do these days irritates him...(for you young moms, be warned). I can't believe he is taller than I am now and he is changing a little bit every day. He is a sweetie and we all love him tons! Happy Birthday Fefe!!

P.S.: HAPPY 31ST ANNIVERSARY TOM & VICKI!! We love you and are so grateful for your love, support and friendship for all these years. We're thinking eternally!

P.P.S.: We're off to Idaho to meet the boyfriend from Texas. If he doesn't have wings and a halo I'm going to be disappointed!! haha

17 comments:

Jeff said...

Thats not true! I can keep a secret!!!!!!

Lauren said...

awwwww JEFF JEFF! you were the CUTEST little boy, oh my goodness i was OBSESSED with you. tried to take you everywhere with me, and once you got old enough, i wasn't cool enough for you, all you wanted was to hang out with adults!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! love youuu

gab said...

Love the collage and the memories! Happy birthday...

Hollyween said...

I loved the collage too and what gorgeous baby blues he has!

Brigitta said...

nice collage and what a delivery story!!! Hope the boy friend is everything you want him to be. Hey when was your husband on his mission in Munich, my uncle was mission president (Elder Busche) back in the 70's I think. Anyway, love the german girl names, but not the german boy names that's the only problem with having to name 4 boys. My mom is German and everytime I name my child she has to approve that it sounds good in German.

Tristan said...

What a really neat post! You have such a beautiful famly! Happy Brithday to your son Jeff!!

Jenibelle said...

President Busche WAS his mission president!!! Small world!

Lauren in GA said...

I love how Jeff was the first to comment :)

This was great! I love the collage and his birthing story (how the nurses said he should have been named, Noah...heh, heh, heh)

Thank you for asking about the tornado. We were somewhat affected by the Saturday night batch but, thankfully our home was totally untouched. The 8 small tornadoes that hit our area were not the same as the ones that hit Atlanta. I need to get on the ball and post about it. Thank you again for asking...my kids were traumatized...poor little guys...

have a great trip to Idaho :) I am sure you will immediately see wings and a halo!

Nortorious said...

I could see a lime green / orange room. Very Swedish retro. Happy Birthday, old kid!

Natalie Whipple said...

Aww, there's the Jeffy I remember. I also remember him visiting us in Sacrament. We all loved that.

It's crazy that now I have my own blue-eyed little boy! And Jeff is all grown up. *Sniff*

Erin said...

Happy Birthday to my favorite (and only) namesake! I love your family and I can't believe my sweet little Jeffy babe is 14! Am I getting old?

Have a safe trip to Idaho. If you decide to stop in Idaho Falls you must eat at the Steak and Pancake place across the street from the temple. They have the most delicious potato pancakes ever!!! (Phil's fam is from IF and that is my new favorite place to eat)

Hazen5 said...

I love your "O" face! Happy birthday Jeff. We love you Too!!!

Celia Fae said...

Hey! There's me! How's that for a blast from the past. I feel like I'm looking through the magic mirror on Romper Room. I see Brenda, and Kim, and Tylyn, and that lady who moved to Alaska who had a husband named King.

Kim Walus said...

Thanks for having another Birthday JEFF! Although, it's just another reminder to us adult friends that we are just getting older too, LOL! I try not to focus on that too much but at the end of each day I definitely feel my age!

Have a great time in Idaho. We'll be thinking of you and look forward to hearing all of the details! Nothing like a bit of pressure! I don't think Markie's going to bring another girl home until he's engaged! Just remember he's going to be pretty nervous so cut him some slack and just be the wonderful person you are and in no time you'll just love him like one of your own!

Anonymous said...

Jeffy,
My most fond memory of you is the Survivor games you would organize during recess at our favorite school. I think you even had buffs! That's imagination, creativity and leadership at their best. Hope you had a great birthday.
Love you,
Mrs. O

Ilene said...

You look way too young to have a 14-year-old; much less older children.

Idaho is a happening place. My friend married a boy from Texas and she is doing just fine. Except that she now lives in Texas. Too far away for my comfort.

AnnEE said...

I loved the birth story! So interesting!

I'm WAITING to hear all about the trip to Idaho.....

Yep...


Still waiting.