Monday, August 4, 2008

The Days Before....

We didn't just have one day of wedding, we had a whole week.
Can I just tell you one thing?
I am exhausted. Tired to the bone.
The Energizer Bunny in me has run out of batteries.

It sure was fun though!!! Here are some pictures of the days before.




Skyler had never been to the temple where he would sign away his eternity.



This is Skyler's mom Amy and her husband, Wade and Zach, Skyler's little brother.
His mom is adorable, loved her!!



On Tuesday Lauren's high school friends took her out.
Haven't got a clue who these guys are!!!



We had a little BBQ with some family. You can tell you're at a Mormon wedding when the mother of the bride is pregnant. Did I forget to tell everyone that?

Dang, I wish I could use that as an excuse.



One morning at 7:00am Jeff came running upstairs...."Mom!!" he exclaimed,
"Aunt Rose is down in the front yard pruning the trees!"
Not only did she get up at 5:00 am to prune the trees, she planted, she watered, she swept, she shoppped, she kept me sane. I love her.



Thursday we shopped for last minute things. $260 worth of last minute things.
We also took Lauren to the temple for the first time. What a wonderful experience.



After, look how happy she is.



Mi amigos 'bestest'.
How wonderful and humbling it was to all be together in the Lord's house.



Skyler's family, my sisters, cousins and friends at the temple.
Some left before pictures to get our names in at Fenton's ice cream. YUM.



More bows to tie. We only tied about a gazillion.



Part of the decorating crew. Carole, who was my brain for this event,
Kim, my friend from Utah, Rachel, me, Grandma Judy, sister Rose,
friend and step-mom Ardy, Mom Amy and total stranger, mother to a bridesmaid, Jennifer. (that amazed me!!!)
OOPS!! Seems like we forgot the men and Jill. Sorry!!



Friday we decorated. Our friends the Olson's hosted a Mexican fiesta for the whole bridal party, the families and out of town guests. All 55 of us. Gracias Margo, Jeff and Erin. We love you!!!


Bishop Tom and Bishop Rob had great advice for the kids. We are so blessed to have such great friends.



Saturday, the BIG day. Our photographer Nancy Hale came. What a sweetheart, so patient and so positive!!! Love her!!!



The mothers of the bride. Unlikely friends, bonded forever.




Getting ready to have her hair done by my cousin Jeanette, this is Lauren and Candy.




On the way!!! Amy and I took the kids to the temple. We talked about the birds and the bees.
Birds poop on you and bees sting. Stay away from them.
That's the talk isn't it?

Tomorrow.....at the temple.

13 comments:

Rochelleht said...

OH MY GOSH, JEN!!!! Rose is my Relief Society President!!! What a stinkin' SMALL WORLD! Is Rose your sister? I can't believe it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her. I mean, really. She is the best. I can't get over it. Crazy.

Jen said...

You are soooo blessed to have such wonderful friends, ward members, and family that love you and your family so much! What a wonderful time!

I'm so jealous. I changed poopy diapers, cleaned my house, prepared my lesson for RS on Sunday.

Jenibelle said...

Yep!! She's RS President in her ward and horrified to be President. She is the best friend ever, kind, generous, compassionate. I am glad you love her!! She's the best.

Miss Candy Anderson said...

Jeni! LOVED the pictures. When ever you have time to destress we want to see them ALLL!

Lauren in GA said...

I love it!

You do not look pregnant. You are funny, though :)

They are really a beautiful couple :)

Good Time Charlie said...

Jenni, you looked so beautiful at the reception. Lauren was just glowing, she was one of the most beautiful brides I have seen. (except of course, moi....I am not so humble...) The reception was fabulous. Travis was just really mad at us for leaving before they cut and served the cake. It looked beautiful. I heard about the fiasco with it, Ack! They did a great job of recovering. Everything was just gorgeous. Like out of a magazine. What a wonderful support system you have around you. May I be so blessed when my kids marry. Have a great week.

Tristan said...

I am loving the pictures and hearing the expirience from your point of view!

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's the best birds and the bees talk I've ever heard!

What a wonderful experience. She really is just glowing!

Jeff Olson said...

Hi Jenni!

That was a fun, fun day...

Erin said you had to pick up the chairs...I feel bad I could have had the boys do it...I thought you had someone coming.

I love those birds and bees talks with the kids...a chance to bond with them and I always end up learning something NEW...ha.

Jeff

Nancy said...

It was such a priviledge to be there and capture pictures of your amazing family on such a perfect day. I can't wait to get the pictures ready for you!

Brigitta said...

What an awesome week you had. Your daughter is just beautiful!! So sorry I missed the event. We had a crazy weekend. Looks like you had a great support system and lots of people to enjoy the event with. Did you tell her to wait to have kids, because you are way to young to be a grandma!!!!

Hazen5 said...

The whole week was amazing! I love being part of the family!

Ilene said...

Glad you covered the basics for those kids. My parents didn't tell me about bees stinging and birds pooping.

That made for a confusing wedding night...