Thursday, August 14, 2008

So far, a good week!


I'm liking this week, it's been good so far.



1. Jeff is one of the Freshman class officers and moved into the Leadership class.

2. Lauren and Skyler got to Idaho and moved into their little townhouse. They are busy nesting and setting up house, is there anything cuter?

3. I won a book in a contest by the Travelin' Oma, she's in my top 5 favorite writers on the blog circuit. A huge thrill for me. Too bad it's because I told a story about how naughty my children were.

4. I think Seminary is going well, haven't been released for teaching false doctrine and they're still coming. Maybe it's because they can't drive and are pretty much a captive audience.

5. I finished a book and am going to start.........drumroll..................Twilight. If y'all say it's good, I'll trust you.

6. Soccer season starts on Saturday. I am warming up my vocal chords and practicing my "WOO-HOO's" mightily! Although Scotty might be Goalie this year, if so, be waiting for my nervous breakdown. Hate Goalie.

7. My high schooler LOVES all his classes, what are the chances?(oh, yeah, I chose all his teachers, a perk of the job)

8. My air conditioner is fixed, good thing, it was 111 degrees today.

9. I am the YOUTH speaker in church Sunday. One of my most favorite students is leaving on a mission and I get to speak.

10. My birthday is soon.

11. Little Sirri Jensen is getting better.

12. The Olympics are fabulous and my Patriotic meter is at an all time high.

Keepin' my fingers crossed!!

13 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

so who are your four other top favorite blog writers?
you have to tell us now.
and if i'm not on the list, i'm going to be very hurt.
very.

Annemarie said...

I'm sooo loving the olympics! I want to be a gymnast that's married to an olympic swimmer when I grow up...
Happy week!!!

Margaret said...

You go girl!!! So happy your week is going so well!

...enjoy Twilight ok! ☺

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! May your entire year be as exciting or even more!

Tristan said...

I can't help but stay up late and watch and love the Olympics! So fun! Glad you had a good week!

Christie said...

I think if only you added some chocolate and a big diet coke to that week, it would be perfect. Go do it. Now.

Ilene said...

After all that wedding stress, you deserve a week full of good things.

What is my good thing? Today my husband will be home early so I can go to the obgyn to get my you-know-what swabbed without two little boys watching in horror or worse, fascination.

calibosmom said...

Looks like a good week. The Olympics are the BEST! #5 I just can't commit to yet. Let me know how it goes and then maybe I'll join the club.

life in red shoes said...

So glad that you are having a good week, it's your turn. Idaho is a great place for a young married couple, the church is strong there and they will be welcomed with open arms. I'm sure you are a perfectly wonderful seminary teacher, the kids are lucky to have you.I won't read Twilight, doesn't appeal to me. A prayer of thanks for air conditioning. YOUTH speaker, good call. Happy soon-to-be birthday, I stopped counting. Olympics, patriotism gone wrong??

Lauren in GA said...

That is a good week :) Especially #11.

You are going to be a fantastic youth speaker!

Nortorious said...

Way to think of twelve things to be happy about.
When's your birthday?

Jeff said...

Mom, you spoke to soon. The AC is broken now. Thanks for the jynx!

Finally. Ive been trying to get you to read Twilight for so long!

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that...I pray for your next couple of years to be glorious. I had wanted a big celebration on my 50th, I normally don't do much or with many being that it's the day after Christmas, any way that ended up being my year of "UNfortunate Events!". My mother died, my dad was hospitalized, my oldest sister had a bleeding ulcer, the next sister was hit by a car while walking and suffered several breaks-then we had to move her because she lived 3 flights up and was to be wheelchair bound for quite awhile, plus she lives in another state! Then I myself ended up in the hosiptal 3 times, all while trying to be the best Relief Society president ever! Just to mention a few, someday I hope to have a party, and yes dad is back in the hosiptal, since mid July, but he is getting better (and that is out of town too, but not too far, just a lot of gas money!)