Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The pressure is on....




See this kid? You might recognize him. His mom is famous, thousands if not tens of thousands of people read her thoughts and words every day. I understand that she is a very involved mother. She's the kind that walks her high schooler to class on the first day (or she WOULD have if she hadn't had to park a 1/2 mile away). She cross-examines her children everyday about the events at school and life (or rumor has it...) Her husband is uber intelligent and ultra righteous. (I'll testify to that). She has a large extended family that is, shall we say, brutal in their opinionatedness (made that word up all by myself). I've heard that she will stop at nothing to find fodder for her musings. She lurks and sneaks and surreptitiously snaps pictures when people least expect it. She has been known to mock a time or two (all rumors....) A very good source told me that she has some bad habits that involve pools and mooching. I've heard that she will steal table decorations from wedding receptions and encourage others to do so also. Obviously, this is a force to be reckoned with.

I have the offspring of this virtual Goddess in my Seminary class, and I am feeling the pressure mightily.
Pray for me.













Oh, I have this kid too. He's mine. If I haven't ruined him by now, I should be okay.
Feel sorry for him though. I have him every day in Seminary, I work in the office at his school and he has to come home to me. I don't think much is going to get past me. I am totally on my best behavior everywhere so as to protect his coolness and reputation. Not.

14 comments:

Margaret said...

You two crack me up! Love it! How great that you have boys so close in age? They look like buddies.

And...I want to be LIKE YOU! How DO I get my kids to be civilized adults? Teach me oh wise momma. Yes, for real!

Did you see I answered your DSLR question? http://margaret-hansen.blogspot.com/2008/08/composition-assignment.html

Erin said...

I can't believe that they're in high school!

Carol said...

I discovered your blog recently and LOVE it! I should be preparing seminary lessons (we start in 2 weeks)but I think reading your blog counts as prep time! Reading about your daughter's wedding was almost as good as reading about Bella and Edward's. Her blog is too cute! Thanks for sharing. I'll be reading with interest this year because my son will be in my seminary class next year. Oh the horror!

Ilene said...

Watch out for hidden cameras in your classroom. I wouldn't put it past Celia to recruit Max on a blogging mission...

Anonymous said...

That's great! You're going to have a great year (and so will they, even if they don't admit it for years)!

the wrath of khandrea said...

don't forget she randomly takes pictures of people's lingerie. and snoops through their toiletry bags when they're not around. she's a devious one, and i am already afraid of her children.

may god bless you.

Travelin'Oma said...

I'm anxious to send you a book, but I don't have your address! Can you email it to me? martyhalverson@comcast.net

Tristan said...

Totally clever and hillarious! Can't wait to hear the stories throughout the school year!

Paige said...

yeah, be nervous. She's a Menace 2 Society, and everyone digs the written results!

shauna said...

They are both very lucky!

Maybe you should turn the tables and sneak pictures of him. Oh yah, you already did. You are already a step ahead.

D-dawg said...

Good pictures! I can't believe we have the same birthday. So fun. Have a good day on Sunday!

Lauren in GA said...

I love that word you made up, you know, "opinionatedness" I want to figure out how to use it in everyday conversation. :)

Celia Fae said...

I don't know how I missed this but I am kicking myself.

I liked Ilene's idea. Look out!

Ellie said...

She can be tempted with food.