Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Verklempt and Movin' On...

I am amazed at the outpouring of love and support. Now, I'm movin' on!!

Turning 49 was FUN!
I woke up to 49 signs all over the house, in the fridge, in the car, in the washer....thank you Jeff!



I loved them!! The one that cracked me up was ..."One to go til the big 5-0!" Thanks son.



Rachel was in a really good mood and was silly waiting for her breakfast. Thank you Beana-Girl for being so sweet on my birthday!!!



I made my FAVORITE, Birthday Berry Pie! Yummy.
**I can do without cake and I wanted homemade pie**



Scotty's present was a coupon book good for one year; but his best present?
He wore matching socks! Usually they are white shorty socks from the bowling alley that say "Harvest Park Bowl". How he picks those EVERY Sunday to be his church socks...I dunno.



At work, Debbi my co-worker gave me a huge basket of treats and fun stuff.
The best part was the six-pack of super sized Diet Pepsi!!! And full size Snickers, and Lions that roar.


The Leadership class surprised me with a very loud song, balloons, a banner and confetti! Love them!! (See the newest member Jeff?)


Got cards and signs from all my Student Aides and a birthday crown from my sweet friend Coco. Every year she tries to out do the crown from the year before. This year I got rose colored glasses, they came in handy later in the day!



A surprise gift from a very sweet blogging and real life friend. Isn't this SO cute? My T.A.'s are dying over it. LOVE IT!! Thank you friend!!!



Went to Chili's with my pals, Vicki, Pam and Margo. We missed you Rachel and Marty!!

I also got a wonderful tribute from the Newlyweds.
Check it out and see their new little home.

Byron came through with two new computer programs for my creative side and they will be used a ton.

And then you....my blogging friends. Thank you for your good wishes and loving support. You are the best and I am so thankful for all of you. I am humbled and verklempt.

19 comments:

life in red shoes said...

Here's to many more, I can feel the love.

Rochelleht said...

Are you loved, or what?

Anonymous said...

my friend and I want to move closer to you and your bunch of friends! Not to scare you or anything! We just were wishin' we could be more then blog stalkers! Happy B-day loved one!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful celebration! You are well loved! And to all those who have asked me I am not the anom. person of your last blog (I pray anyway, as you have not deleted any of the comments I left}. Take care and thousands of best wishes to you and yours! Happy Birthday!

Jessica said...

Hey! I need that Berry Pie recipe. I picked a bunch of raspberries and wanted to make something with them this weekend!

Annemarie said...

Looks like such a FUN day!! YAY!!!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i'm laughing so hard because you are verklempt. what, are you jewish or something?

Jenibelle said...

Yep Andrea! A very proud 1/4 Jewish! Thank you Grandmother Ziegler from Poland. So I'm a Polack too, let the jokes fly!!

Lauren in GA said...

I love it!!! I am so glad you had a wonderful Birthday!!!!!!

You are such a good boy Scotty...I know it was hard to give up the "Harvest Park Bowl" socks. Way to show Mom you love her :D

Hazen5 said...

I am so sad I missed the Birthday Dinner!!!! But, I am glad you had an amazing day.

LOVE the picture of sweet Rachel, her smile is to die for!!!!

Tristan said...

The purse is fabulous and I know who it came from!! So happy that your birthday was so much fun and that you got lots of attention!

Jeff said...

I wish my birthday was always that good. On my birthday I was sent to my room with my phone taken away. Hmph.

life in red shoes said...

I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your wedding Wednesday idea, I guess I should have asked first?

Ilene said...

Yay for you! I'm glad you had a happy day full of love; you deserve it!

Emily Grace said...

:) Thankyou, I love red hair too.. Im probably the only redhead who does! I was particularly upset when I wrote that blog- its just that since I wanted a local wedding my options werent very numerous. I wouldnt have been stressed at all if I was getting married in the city (brisbane- which is only 45 minutes away) or on the Gold Coast. Im pretty happy now though, I found a wedding garden that is getting a cute little church moved onto their land soon so hopefully we can get married there! http://macarthurpark.com.au/
Thankyou, your really nice. Lauren looked gorgeous on her wedding day and I loved the funny little boot centrepieces :)

calibosmom said...

Looks like you had an amazing birthday full of family, friends, and fun. You deserve it! I love Rachel's jammies! She is so cute! Jeff's comment is priceless!

terahreu said...

Thanks for stalking my blog. I might just have to stalk yours as well. But now that we let the cat out of the bag, is it really stalking anymore? Kind of takes the fun out of it, hun?

Also, Happiest Birthday! Love being a Leo. Fiesty and fun!

Erin said...

Happy Late Birthday! Sorry, I"ve been disconnected from the internet for a week and thus have been disconnected from the world! It was a bit traumatic. I'm glad your day was happy.

I love you!!

diane said...

Cute bag! Glad you had a good day.