Thursday, August 7, 2008

The reception




I am so excited!! Nancy had these pictures on her blog...I lifted them! If all the pictures are this good....yipppeee!!







I LOVE THIS!!!!!!



My best friends in the world, except my sister Rose is missing.
Kim, Margo, Marty, Pam, Me, Jill, Rachel, Vicki and Carole.
My heroes.

Pictures from the reception,
these aren't great but you'll get the idea!!!




Getting a hair touch-up!!



I think it is as hard for Payton to give Lauren up as it is for me!!!







I had a dream the night before that no one came. It was packed!



A view from the top of the hill.



Rob , Rachel & Payton



Our talented friend Shaelie singing "From this moment" , she was awesome!!









High School friends



At least they got to eat!!!



The centerpieces waiting to go out.




The only thing I wasn't happy with. I ordered a brown cake with polka dots and swirls and pink ribbon. The 4th layer on top fell off, and where the heck did the roses come from? We used Gerbera Daisies!!



The parents, I guess I was a little formal.



The paper lanterns were so cool, I hope Nancy the Photog got better pictures than we did!!




There were 32 strands of lights that Skyler's step-dad Wade put everywhere, it was beautiful!!



My son-in-law has a great sense of humor, he had a lot of fun!!



From Lauralee...isn't it fun?



12 comments:

Jen said...

Love it! What a wonderful reception! Loved all of the details and the awesome decorations.

Sorry to hear about the little fiasco with the cake, but let's cut to the chase...was it yummy?

You looked so loverly in your dress. (sigh) So when's the next wedding? Someone needs to have another wedding so I can live vicariously through their blog, again!

Paige said...

Definite party of the year. And the cake may have been wrong but it was incredibly delicious.

Miss Candy Anderson said...

Love the pictures! I'm glad I took some of those so you could use them. Also I'm glad you are using them. I know you were really busy and didn't have time to take all the pictures you wanted so I wanted to help you out.

ALSO, I just made a video/slideshow of Lauren and Skyler that is really cute and also includes the video from when they came out of the temple. Go look at it and let me know what you think. :0)

gab said...

The centerpieces are THE BEST! It looks like people had fun. That must be the best feeling...

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you like them. There are bunches more to show you. I'll email you for final details soon.

Anonymous said...

So nice, so fun! Everyone looked GREAT! In some ways don't you wish you could do it again and again?! It was lovely, decorations and all!

Tristan said...

It was an awesome party!! It was so beautiful! I am with Paige, the cake was delicious.

Hazen5 said...

It was the Party of the Year!!!! I am having "Wedding Letdown", I can't imagine how you are feeling. Everything turned out perfect, you did an amazing job! Love Ya!!!

Ilene said...

I don't think you were too formal. You look uber classy.

Love the pictures and those gerbera daisies are divine!

Lauren said...

i LOVE LOVE all these pictures. I am so happy so many people had cameras. The reception was absolutely PERFECT mom, everything you did was amazing!

Lauren in GA said...

You looked great...and not too formal.

Those are such great pictures...and what FUN centerpieces!

Sorry the cake wasn't what you ordered but...I am glad it tasted great...ship me some, would ya ;)

the wrath of khandrea said...

i feel so happy and satisfied with everything. is that weird?

and the brown dress was fabulous. i'm so glad you listened to me. i'm always right, so this is a good precedent.