Friday, August 29, 2008

Olympic Parting Shots...um thoughts....

It's no secret that I have an opinion on just about everything and unfortunately, I forget not everyone wants to hear my opinions. But, I've been thinking about the Olympics and while I am thankful they are over because I am now getting more beauty sleep (ha), there's just a couple little areas that I need to wrap up.




This is Hiroshi Hoketsu. At 67, he was the oldest Olympian this year. He first competed in the 1964 Olympics; and he has never won a medal. In an interview with BBC he said that he was honored to once again represent his country in a small way and hoped that his decorum during the competition would honor his country and his family. If we are looking into human cloning, might I suggest Hiroshi? Wouldn't if wonderful if everyone had those thoughts? He's a rock star in his country, as he should be.

Which brings me to these buffoons....



The Spanish basketball team (who we beat for the gold medal).
What were they thinking mocking the host COUNTRY, all 3 billion of them? Hello? Can you say bad manners? Have they not heard of the INTERNET which can INSTANTLY beam pictures all over the world, including China? Personally, I think the I---- word is appropriate here.

This is the American Basketball team, aka "The Redeem Team".



They won the Gold Medal. Well, I SHOULD HOPE SO!!!

They have a combined worth of about $30 Billion dollars which is the equivalent to the GNP of the entire southern hemisphere of our world. When you take 12 of the highest paid, most successful athletes in a sport, I would expect a handy win. It was close, methinks cockiness almost got in the way. I guess the days of amateur athletes in the Olympics is really gone.

Which brings me to this Olympian...



Kirsty Coventry. She won the first Olympic gold for Zimbabwe, the country she was born in, not raised in, not trained in, not schooled in, not anything in, except birth. They just emptied the National Treasury and gave her a suitcase full of cash, $100,000 worth for winning 1 gold and 3 silver medals. Good for you Kirsty! Now give the money back. You will do fine here in the US coaching and doing personal appearances. Do you realize how MUCH $100,000 can do for the poorest in your country? Just a thought.
(and from a republican at that....)

Kirsty got $100,000, Rebecca Adlington got a pair of Jimmy Choo's



Money brings to me to this....



Mrs. Phelps, I hate to tell you, but you totally got ripped off by Michael's orthodontist.
My son has braces on right now, I took Michael's picture (and this is a good angle because I like him so much) and told Dr. Esterkyn that this is NOT what I'm paying for. Maybe he can invest in Invisiline braces now that he is king of the Universe.

And speaking of ruling.....

Who ARE these three women?



The Olympic Gold, Silver and Bronze medalists for Olympic Foil Fencing.
Foil Fencing? Like Reynold's wrap? Haven't got a clue how they score, what they are doing or how they win...but how cool was it to see those three flags side by side as they played the National Anthem?

Which brings me to these people.



They are our relay runners. They didn't get ANY kind of flag, in fact, they didn't get to run in the finals. The FIRST time since 1948! Both male and female, hmmmmm....does anyone else smell something foul?

Speaking of foul....



President Bush, I love ya man...but stop checking out Misty's rear end. Although it does give me a little snicker that the old guy has obviously still got it!

Speaking of getting it....



Don't give these guys Gatorade when they finish the race,
give 'em some cheeseburgers!! Good Grief...have you ever seen a skinnier bunch? (
is my jealousy showing?)





The Lightening BOLT.....
he's gotten in trouble for 'Show-Boating' after winning the 100M in a World Record time. If I had won, I'd bring Show Boating to a whole new level...I'd be cartwheeling down the track. (Isn't that a great visual? ha!)



French swimmer Dude...when you meet the President of France, maybe you could put on some nice pants to go with the jacket. Just a thought Dude.



Nothing to say... but isn't this just weird or wrong or disturbing?



Add a caption...a prize for the best one.

And now...the party is over.



$$$$$$400 BILLION dollars $$$$$$$$ to put on the Olympics (with cheap Chinese labor). Boggles the mind.

16 comments:

Annemarie said...

You are so spot on & so dang funny. I needed a good laugh before going to bed.

Nancy said...

Here's my caption...

SHARK!

Nothing original, but it would be funny to put a Jaws fin in the background.

Jake said...

Oh Jeni! You are so funny...

Linsey said...

Seriously, 67? There needs to be an honorary medal or something - like a lifetime achievement Oscar (i.e. for the losers).

My caption - you have to hear the triumphant music in the background to make it work...

A woman on the GOP ticket? Hurrah!!

Lisa-Marie said...

You are a RIOT!

I can't beat or even match the funny. So, I'll leave the caption to the pros!

Is it October yet?!?!?

Hollyween said...

Ha! I never saw that picture of the president checking out the butt of the volleyball player. SO FUNNY!

Tristan said...

I thought it was only 40 Billion not 400. Cuz 40 sounds better right? ;)

The Olympics were amazing! I love your thoughts, you were right on!

Hazen5 said...

I love your recaps!

Lauralee said...

LOVED this.. you are way to funny..

pres bush's picture was my favorite!

the wrath of khandrea said...

really. this was so cleverly written. i LOVE good satire. this is one of my favorite posts you've ever done.

as for the caption, let's go with "ganamos el oro... que tal ustedes?" which is spanish for "we won the gold how 'bout you guys?". dedicate it to the racist basketball team.

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone could have said or thought it better! You always hit the target perfectly and I love your comments!

Missy said...

That spanish team said they were doing it to 'honor' China, the host city! Yeah, right! That picture gives me the creeps!

Pres. Bush ~ hilarious!

Yeah, I'd like to see Coventry give that money back, too! Great thought!

My caption ~ 'Hallelujah!'

Thanks for the laugh and nice to meet you! :o)

Untypically Jia said...

Jenibelle I know you are a Molly! You rock chica! Listen, I'm getting reading to do a relaunch of Modern Molly Mormon sometime soon, and am looking for new contributors. Let me know if you're interested!

Untypically Jia said...

Can I get your email address Jenibelle? So we don't have to keep talking through comments? LOL!

Nuestro Familia said...

Ok, so I know you don't know me, but I am one of Kelli Jeff's friends. I LOVE to read your blog it is so entertaining. When you wanted a caption I couldn't resist responding with my first thought:

"...its fun to stay at the Y - M - C - A..."

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!!

Angelia Crespo

Lauren in GA said...

I like Nancy's caption!

I also agree with Annemarie...you are spot on and brilliant.

I love that you called them buffoons!