Thursday, September 25, 2008

50,000 mile Tune-Up




About two years ago I got a pain in my side. It is excruciating at times, and it isn't going away. So, I went to the Doctor. Big deal you say! I waited until two weeks ago to go FINALLY and it was the second time in almost 12 years. No joke, I had been one other time since I had Scotty. And I have had the pain for two years.

Now, I have been to 5 doctors in two weeks, had eight appointments and a myriad of tests including a mammogram and an x-ray on my knee that I am fairly certain have nothing to do with the pain in my side. I have been poked, prodded, drugged, x-rayed, ultrasounded (inside and out), biopsied, and I have an oscopy coming up plus a sleep apnea test that again, I am fairly certain, has nothing to do with my pain.

I guess they figure that they have one shot (no pun intended) at me and they might as well check the entire engine out, as well as the wheels and headlights.

So here's the results so far: I have good blood pressure. I have arthritis in my knee. I need to lose weight. (That one totally took me by surprise, almost as much as Clay Aikens' admission that he is gay.) I do not have breast cancer. I have no self esteem or modesty left. I still have a pain in my side. Stay tuned.

16 comments:

diane said...

I hate going to the Dr because they always find some new disease or medical mystery to solve. The one time I waited for two years they found a four pound tumor. Seriously.

Tristan said...

Have you asked your doc if it could be an ulcer? My husband has had one for about 6 years and it acts up and goes away all the time.

So sorry about all the testing though! That can not be much fun!

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

Did they check your oil?

Lauren in GA said...

What?! Clay Aiken is gay?! Heh, heh, heh, just kidding.

I am so sorry that you have had to suffer through these tests and they still haven't even found out why you have pain in your side :( What a pain in the neck! Okay...that was in poor taste...I just wanted to make you smile :)

Erin said...

The Clay Aiken comment made me laugh out loud. :)

Hope everything turns out alright.

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm so glad that you went. When you told me on our ice cream date how long it had been since you'd been to the doctor, I worried for you. (Though I'm going on two years for my "girly visit. So, I'm one to talk huh?!) Anyway, hope they figure it out sooner than later and it's "nothing." Hang in there and know you are loved!!!!

All these tests better not interfere with your trip here in October!!!!!!!!

And has anyone ever told you, you are FUNNY! You always have the most hysterical one liners. When I grow up I want to be witty like you!!!

life in red shoes said...

Did they check for ingrown toenails? I hope your cholesteral levels are better than mine....it IS my weight.

Paige said...

I think the pain in your side means you are hungry. Your stomach just moved over a little. Eat something. Chocolate, preferably.

Margaret said...

Way to get to the doctor. Sorry to hear you are in pain. You are too cool for pain!

Anonymous said...

I hope they eventually check out your side! I feel for you, I'm not great at going either, so I pretty much get every test in the book too when I eventually show up!

Jen said...

I hate pain. I hate doctors. I hate tests. Maybe it's gas. Gas, that has not been able to find it's way out.

Good luck!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

I love when they tell you things you already know and bill you for it.

Christie said...

Yes, but are you covered in red, itchy splotches? Didn't think so.

And what, Clay is gay? NO WAY could that be true. He's as straight as that Rock Hudson guy, right?

Jessica said...

I was getting a little scared during that one.

Tip to bloggers: Please announce that you are not riddled with some dread disease at the top of a medical post, so I don't have to freak out, frantically scanning the page for information confirming your impending doom.

Thank you.

the wrath of khandrea said...

the mammogram was just some perv doc trying to cop a feel.

but i wanted to let you know that i secretly hope you have something, because this week has been a blast. i'd love to do it all again sometime.

and you'll need to do better than poison ivy.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Clay Aiken...I loved it when Simon Cowel said in an interview "what happened to Clay Aiken's HAIR...He looks just like Nancy Grace!" I laughed my head off. Now when I see someone that has the same hair do i say "look at that...she has the "Aiken BOB"..
PS.. Jbelle, don't forget to read my blog on the DR. is in...It's a few posts back but you will see that I feel your pain!
xox
Jennie Sue