Monday, September 1, 2008

The definitions of Awful




1. This is Gov. Sarah Palin of the great state of Alaska (I have lived there and it is indeed, a great state). She had to reveal that her 17 year old daughter is pregnant. Not only that, she had to defend her own motherhood by reassuring the press that her 5 month old child with Down's Syndrome IS, in fact, HER OWN CHILD, not her daughters'. Candidates children should be left out of campaigns. Families and family dynamics should be completely OFF LIMITs. The fact that Gov. Palin knew ahead of time that this child would be born with disabilities and chose to not end his life should be celebrated. He should not be the object of speculation and conspiracy theories. It's awful that there are those in our country who can not leave people alone.



2. New Orleans is being pounded by yet another hurricane. I feel terrible for them. But news flash....! It's a natural disaster, not planned or coordinated by the Republican party, mother nature gets the credit for this one. It's awful that no matter what the issue, the government gets blamed, no matter who is in office. Being the President would suck, why would you want the job and the headaches? Mammas, don't let your babies grow up to be President.




3. This is Giardia. Rachel has it. This sucks for a 3-day weekend when you can't get in to see a Doctor. 2 boxes of baby wipes, 15 diapers, 2 tubes of desitin, one fragrant candle, one adult disabled child with no vocalization other than crying and screaming, the same 24 year old with gastro-instentinal problems and one frazzled mom. The definition of awful.

The good news? I'm going to Idaho on Thursday! I am so excited that the drive doesn't seem awful at all!

22 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, yes! All those things ARE most awful. So sorry about the giardia. Once when swimming in a canal with a boyfriend in college, I swallowed some water. I said, "Sure hope I don't get gonorrhea!" His answer... "Me too! But if you do, don't tell your mom you got it with ME!!!!" oops. I guess I meant giardia!!! ha!

But seriously....THURSDAY!?!?!?! Why did I think you were coming in October? Hooray! I was just thinking a minute ago, while cleaning the house that I need a little me time. Wanna do lunch/dinner? Will you have time? I know you are coming to see the sweet newlyweds. But if you could sneak me in? I'd even love to hang out with Lauren and Skyler if they'd have me! Let me know.

Lauralee said...

oh man.. poor Rachel.. poor mom!

have fun in idaho!

Annemarie said...

On #'s 1 & 2...I LOVE YOU!! And completely agree.

On #3...so sorry for you and for Rachel. That really sucks. Our sprinklers for the yard are irrigation water & I always scare my kids that if they drink it they'll get giardia.

I really am so sorry!

Rochelleht said...

Holy cow, girl. I FEEL your pain. UGH!

I so agree with everything you said. Grrrrrr... The dumb media.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

You are great. I'm sorry for awful. These past few weeks it's just one thing after another it seems.
Obama's statement today about Palin's daughter is the one thing that's come out of his mouth that 1. I could see he honestly believed and 2. I can back him up on 100%. Good on him.

Hollyween said...

Boy, those really aredefinitions of awful. I agree the that her daughter should be off limits. I mean, seriously. But unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. The dems are going to have a hayday with that one.

Sorry about your daughter. How horrible. Idaho should be just what you need!

Kellie said...

Oh! Poor Rachel. And I thought Alex pooping in his swimsuit today was bad! Tell the newlyweds I need their new address.

Jen said...

I feel your pain. My oldest boy just got sick and is hopeless when it comes to making it to the bathroom. We have to put a trail of towels leading to the toilet!

Idaho will be a blessing!

Ditto on #1 and #2! I can't wait 'til the election is over!

Tristan said...

Totally agree with you on the first 2 topics!

The third, I am so sorry for Rachel and you! So not fun! I hope she is feeling better soon!

Brigitta said...

Sorry about the Giardia. How did she get it?

Well I am sorry but I am also a republican and I am not to sure about McCain's pick. I am all for women, but is she really the right pick. She doesn't have a lot of experience. And maybe this isn't her time and season for such a job. Having a downs kid is alot of work and energy. Having a pregnant teenager is a lot of heartache and whatever. Poor 17 year old that has to go through all this in front of the whole country. Not sure about McCain's judgement on this one.

diane said...

Oh crap! I'm sorry you are dealing with crap.
You are right on the money with your assessments of current events.
Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip.

Lauren in GA said...

I am so sorry about Rachel suffering like that! Poor her and poor you!!!

You are my hero, Jeni...truly.

I agree with all you said here. I agree with the other comments...you are spot on with your assessments in #1 abd #2.

martyrudd said...

Well....let me think...my Jennifer called yesterday afternoon to tell me that it was raining and 47 degrees in Idaho Falls:( Now I would term that to be awful!!!
(She told me that I couldn't tell Karlee)

Jenibelle said...

Oh crap Marty!! We'll have fun anyway!!

life in red shoes said...

Oh yeah, you KNOW awful. I would also include politicians that cheat on their terminally ill wives...and then lie about it, repeatedly

Untypically Jia said...

Jenibelle, email me at: untypicallyjia@gmail.com if you're still interested in contributing to Modern Molly Mormon.

the wrath of khandrea said...

you make such good points.

come see me when you get here. it's just a short 5 or 6 hour drive away... :O)

Jake said...

I must be completely out-of-it. First--hadn't heard about Palin's daughter. Wow. Second--have never heard of giardia...but it sounds completely horrible.

You deserve a fun trip...I've never thought Idaho sounded like a vacation destination...but now that my little sis is there with her precious firstborn, it'd be my First Choice for a Getaway.

Hazen5 said...

Poor Rachel, Poor Jeni! I hope you both are feeling better.

Ilene said...

Yuck, yuck, and yuck. I will stop complaining about my 21 month old's tendencies to poop five times a day.

Why do people live in the gulf coast region anyway?

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me jenibelle!! Brains, Boobs and a whole lot of common sense! I think MCCain should of picked YOU for VP.

But seriously, I'm with you...who would EVER WANT that job?

Jessica said...

The fact that you can think politically or nationally while changing diapers on a big girl like that is reason #56 that you are amazing.