Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Lacie Angel!




Happy 19th Birthday Lacie! Do you get a party in Heaven?

This is Lacie Schwitters, today she would be 19 years old. Lacie was baptized on October 5, 1997. After her baptism she went to Idaho with her Grandma; that Saturday, 6 days later she was killed in American Falls, Idaho when the car she was riding in hit black ice. Lacie had taken off her seat belt to move to the back seat. When the car hit the black ice, it rolled and Lacie was thrown from the car and killed. Just a couple of hours before she had been talking to her Mom, my friend Pam on the phone, "I'm going to be a snow angel today Mom!" she said excitedly. And she was.

Lacie left her mom, Pam and her dad, Barry as well as her siblings Brandi, Barry and Shaelie and tons of other family and friends. Lacie was full of fun and spunk. She was just born into the world to enjoy every minute she had. She had her own mind and did things her way. One day she was really naughty and Pam sent her to her room and told her she could come out when she could be nice and apologize. "You know you're never going to see me again!" she said to Pam. We have laughed over this for years. She was a little stinker, a beautiful. fun, spirited stinker.

Lacie loved babies, she loved Scotty and Jeff when they were born and would beg to hold them. She loved Tanner, her grandma's dog and she LOVED McDonald's french fries. She loved to swim and roller blade and to ride her bike. She loved to be outdoors and she loved Christmas lights. Every year when Barry puts up thousands of lights we always comment on how much Lacie would love them.

Tonight Pam, Vicki and I went to the cemetery to leave flowers. It was locked up, but that didn't stop us, we walked around the fence and walked in the dark to her headstone which has this picture of her on it, with a temple and stars. We sang her favorite song, "I am like a star shining brightly", and she is. Lacie Rene, you are still with us. We know you were at your friend Lauren's sealing, remember how we used to dress you two alike? She misses you too. Watch over us and know that we are happy. Someday your Mom and Vicki and I will all raise our perfect daughters together. In the meantime you and baby Lauren look down on us and help keep Rachel safe okay? We love you Lacie and miss you, but we are so happy that our Heavenly Father's plan is so perfect and we will surely see and hold you again. Happy Birthday sweet girl!


14 comments:

Lauralee said...

that is so sweet.. thank you for sharing her with us..
I do a tile.. that says.
When you have someone
you love in Heaven
You have a little bit
of Heaven in your Home..

Lehis said...

Thank you. :) tear

diane said...

So sweet.

Tristan said...

She is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this, it was very touching.

Jen said...

What a beautiful tribute for a beautiful little girl.

My husband's sister lived in American Falls and is now laid to rest there after dying of breast cancer a few years ago. I'm so thankful that each of us will have the opportunity to be with our loved ones again!

Linsey said...

this is a very dear post - my parents lost a baby when he was just a week and a half old - they too are looking forward to raising him in heaven

I think of all the parents I know in similar situations and imagine the joy that will be felt by parents and children alike when that day comes and my heart swells

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute and rememberance, and a bit of heaven to hold in your heart!

Lisa-Marie said...

Beautiful.

I hope that you and all those who love Lacie will feel much peace and love on this day.

Annemarie said...

That was beautiful Jeni!

Ilene said...

You have a great way of expressing such lovely and poignant thoughts.

Happy birthday to Lacie.

Lauren in GA said...

Such a beautiful remembrance post. You are a wonderful writer.

Grandma Schwitters said...

Jeni, forgive me for going on your blog uninvited. I was looking at Brandi's Blog and was caught by surprise with her little birthday tribute to our Sweet Lacie. When she said she got the picture from your blog I just had to go see it. Thanks for your kind thoughts & Love for our sweet girl. I miss her too, more than anyone can imagine and look forward to being wih her again some day. She is in my thoughts often but especially on Sept 2. Thanks again for remembering her. Love, Grandma Schwitters

Untypically Jia said...

Jenibelle, email me at: untypicallyjia@gmail.com if you're still interested in contributing to Modern Molly Mormon.

Celia Fae said...

I still remember. I remember every time I hear that song. I can't believe how long it has been and I can't believe how much everyone has grown around her.

Lovely tribute. Thanks for the reminder.