Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A series of unfortunate events

Event One: My washing machine died. I know, I can feel the sympathy from where ever you are. Yes, I spent 4 hours and $37 at the Laundromat yesterday. Good Times.

Event Two: I had a sleep study, and come to find out, I have moderate to severe sleep apnea. Who knew? I was so freaked out that I was afraid to sleep for three days. A sleep deprived Mom isn't a happy mom.

Event Three: I am having a medical test tomorrow that requires me not to eat for 36 hours and drink 4 liters of the nastiest stuff known to man. Again, not a happy mom.

Event Four: We went to Idaho and then to Yellowstone!! We saw all these beautiful sights, flora and fauna, with some of my most favorite people.







But I didn't get to see Lisa Marie...why? Because we had to leave early. Why?

This is my front yard.


See the toilet paper hanging from the tree? It's cute huh?
Every one knows that being TP'd means you are loved.

But when it is compounded with Froot Loops, Rice, Chickpeas, Kotex napkins, signs, vaseline on your car and front door, and dish soap on your porch, it's pretty evident that it doesn't mean you are loved. Not only all that , but whoever did the number on our yard, entered our house through one of the windows. They left the window open, lights and fan on. We were vandalized and it is creepy knowing that someone walked through my house. It's even sadder to know that someone out there dislikes us so much. I am sure it is some kid from the high school that I ticked off. We have four students from the high school on our court, they must have told someone we were gone. We'll never know who did this, but it has really made us sad. But, thanks to my incredible sister in law and father in law, we never saw the mess. They had cleaned up most of it before we got home.

Event Five: I left my phone charger in Idaho. What?!!!!? That isn't catastrophic?
I guess I'm not a teenager any more, I could care less.

PS. One great thing though...in Rexburg there is a place that has better cupcakes than Sprinkles! (I know, that's blasphemy Rach and Allison....) but really! They are so, so, so good. If you go there, go to the Cocoa Bean on College Avenue across from Porters. Worth the calories.

PPS. Rochelle...we gave Big Jud's another try. Still dirty but we had the fresh cut fries and I had the mushroom burger. Two thumbs and big toes up!!!!

25 comments:

diane said...

Are you having a colonoscopy tomorrow? What a pain in the butt!

I hope things start looking up from here.

Nancy said...

Jeni, I'm sorry about the break in. When Will and I were first married, our apartment got broken into, and I was the first one home. I called Will crying, and then my in-laws and the cops, and they all came and held my hands (and brought food - my father-in-law knew what I needed), and helped me get through it. I've always been a little scared when I go out of town since then.

Jen said...

Sounds like you've had quite the craptacular week!
How dare some punk violated your home! I'm glad to hear that you have loved ones near to help you in times of distress.
And hello... no pictures of the laundry mat? I know there are some choice kodak moments that must be shared.
(sigh) Porters. I love Porters. I waisted alot of my parent's money, when I attended college there.

I hope you have a better week!

Margaret said...

So very sorry!

Sounds like things can only get better!☺

Tristan said...

I can't believe someone did that to your house!!! I am so very sorry! At least you had a good time with the newlyweds right?

Christie said...

I am so, so sorry! That is horrible!

life in red shoes said...

Miss Jenibel, sorry for your troubles, we both know that they were caught...by the Man upstairs! And as for the health problems, I have them too. And although I know what the cure is, I have next to 0 willpower.

Lauren in GA said...

Jeni...I am so sorry about the break in. That is so horrible!

Better than Sprinkles? I thought immediately of Rachel ;)

You can take a garden hose to the tree to get the rest of the TP down. It gets all over the lawn but then when you mow it isn't that noticeable anymore.

I really am sorry, friend.

Rochelleht said...

Thank you for trusting me. Was I right, or was I right? Right, right, right...

SO sorry about the tping, etc... SO awful. Glad you have such lovely family, though. Good luck on your tests!!!

Lisa-Marie said...

I am so sorry. I'll admit I, was very sad that I didn't get to see you, but I totally understand. When it rains it pours huh?

I will also admit, I've never been to the Cocoa Bean. Ack. I know. YOu and Rachel come visit some time and we'll go. I just might have to take myself sometime this week though. Taking care of sick hubbies ALWAYS justifies some chocolate!

Hope everything is looking up! Love ya!

the wrath of khandrea said...

funny thing, because i was thinking about you this week. in a capacity similar to all this. i think i will email you today.

Erin said...

Boo to the people who violated your lovely yard. That stinks! Hope this week turns out a little better and you're able to get some sleep. My Dad has sleep apnea and has to sleep with this little machine now. Olivia thinks it's pretty cool. I, for one, grew up with the sounds of his loud snore and then subsequent breath holding and then gasps for air. It was the sound of my childhood. :)

Ashlee said...

My sister lives in Rexburg and my hubby went to school there "back in the day"...Big Jud's is apparently legendary. :0) I have never eaten there, but it is supposed to be "the place".

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your "events"! I hope this week is going better and thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures, I don't get out much, so I really enjoy the photos people post!

Jeanelle said...

I'm so sorry about the big jerk(s) who came into your home. I hope you're getting some good door/window locks too. Buy a second phone charger off of eBay - I just got both a wall & a car charger for $6.99/free shipping. I love having a backup. :) Hope things start looking up again soon!

Ilene said...

Next time come to my house and do laundry. We can chat those four hours away in no time. I will even help fold.

Robin said...

Sigh, I love Idaho. Even though all that bad stuff happened, at least you got to go to Idaho!

I have to tell you that I am very impressed by you. You work, teach seminary, have big family demands, maintain a blog and you are cool. How do you do it?

shauna said...

So, did they break into your house so they could use your toilet paper, rice krispies, Kotex etc? Please say no. Jerks.

Sorry for all the tests. They are no fun. As for the sleep apnea, you'll feel so much better. You'll look like you are going into space each night with the thingy on your face, but you will love how you feel.

Eww for the fasting and yucky drink. They really are the worst part. Good luck with all of that.

Hollyween said...

I would feel so VIOLATED!
I'm so sorry.
But hey... you went to Idaho and got some great pics!

queenieweenie said...

That stinks big-time! I'm so glad you enjoyed a cupcake and thought of me when you did. I couldn't feel more loved.

Thanks for your comment...it's so true!

gab said...

You are getting violated inside and out, my friend! Yikes. You deserve some good stuff now.

Paige said...

those events are horrible. I hope you at least got some free Kotex out of it.

Hazen5 said...

Sheesh! What else can happen? You have the worst luck!

Linsey said...

Bummer, bummer, bummer!

Nancy said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog! Lurkers are always welcome. Although embarassed to admit it, I'm a fellow sleep apnea gal. When I remedied the problem, I became a NEW woman! So good luck with that (and all that other not-so-fun stuff). :)