Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just a little review...



Here is Scotty and one of his best friends, Luke. He looks so happy doesn't he?
He's a faker.
He was really sad inside, the Dominators lost the Championship game 1-0. Which actually was pretty wonderful considering we were afraid we were going to get whomped. The other team had scored 63 goals this season and only gave up 9. (Scotty was one of the 9!! brag brag).
BUT...the All-STAR game is Saturday and that should be fun for him.

(Look at that goober face behind them...that's Lisa, the coaches wife.
(Love her, she's a hoot and I think she will find out I called her a goober...)

Saturday Boy Scouts all over the USA participated in Scouting for Food. I very proudly dropped my two scouts off at the Church to do their part. They, on the other hand were ticked that they had to get up so early AND they had to wear their Scout shirts. (Why is this such a BIG deal?)

I went home and started puttering around the house, doing laundry etc.....The door bell rang and at my door stood one of these:

A darling little seven year old. Here's the conversation:

Me: Hi!

Him: (in a very loud voice...) "Hi! I'm looking for food!"

Mom from the street (with a stroller and a wagon): "Ben!! You're scouting for food!!!"

Ben: "Oh yeah". He regroups, stands up tall... "Hi! I'm scouding for food. I only need a can".

Me: "Just one can?"

Ben: " Yep. Do you have a can of food I can have? It's for poor people not for me."

(so glad that was made clear...)

I had two bags of food that I was going to take to the church when I picked up the boys. So I went and got one to give to this very cute little tiger scout.

Ben: (whose eyes got HUGE) "All this? I only needed one!" (Turns to his mom and yells at the top of his lungs...) "HEY MOM!!!! She gave me more than one can!!! "

" You're awesome Ma'am."

Just so you know, I'm awesome, at least Ben thinks so.






Scotty, Alex and Nathan. Scotty does have a rank, his mother is a loser and hasn't sewn it on yet. He got his 2nd class in May, I am a little behind.




Some of the goods. Made me tear up, more came, then more and then more. They filled a big moving truck. So cool.




I tried to get Jeff (the unloved) into the picture, he refused. So I took two of Scotty just to tick Jeff off.






12 comments:

Linsey said...

I can tell you're proud, and damn it! you should be. What a good kid you're raising there.

Annemarie said...

Oh, you made that kids day!

Don't you HATE sewing on badges??? Sometimes I cheat and use glue...

Anonymous said...

I am glad scouting is over for me for the moment, a worthy and busy organization especially for the Mom! Your kids are great!

Hazen5 said...

You are raising such good citizens of the community!! YOU, didn't SEW on a patch...try stapling them on!

Come on Jeff, GET in some pictures!

queenieweenie said...

I just figured out the BEST way to sew on badges. Use double-stick tape to position them and then sew. I used to staple, but they still shifted.

Your boys are so adorable. I love me a man in uniform!

Margaret said...

What would those kids do without us?!

the wrath of khandrea said...

my son would be jealous of your food score. his pack brought in a total of 12 bags from the entire day. it was awful.
i can't show him this picture.

shauna said...

His troop really has some bragging rights. That is a great collection.

Funny that you nearly gave a seven year old and heart attack and a hernia. He'll be back next year.

Ilene said...

No scouts stopped by our house.

I can understand not wanting to wear the scout uniform.

mamasuisse said...

Two words . . . Badge Magic

I'd be in big trouble without it.

Lauren in GA said...

Thank you for the review! I am glad that Scotty was one of the 9 that scored on the other team. Very impressive, that Scotty :).

The conversation between you, Ben and Ben's mom was fabulous! Ben and I Both think you are awesome!

calibosmom said...

Scouting for Food is the best! WAY TO GO SCOUTS!!!