Monday, November 24, 2008

Spanish 1- Extra Credit?


Dear Senor Ortega: (how do you put that thing above the 'N'?)

I just wanted to thank you (Gracias) for being such a maestro bueno. Mi hijo, Jefe' loves your clase'. You bring out the best in him and he actually loves (amore?) su clase'. He has marveled us with his command of the Spanish language after only a few months. It is truly important to know how to tell me where to go (which direction to turn...) in Spanish. He can name all the months and days en Espanol. He knows his body parts and the clothing that covers them todo en espanol. Another very importante' thing he can now do is order for us at Mexican restaurants, (dos carne asada tacos, no queso por favor y un Diet Pepsi por mi Mama).

Gracias for not teaching him the naughty Espanol words, that would be no bueno. It has been fun for us to have mi hijo Jefe quiz us on our Espanol everywhere we go. "What's a store, Mom?"
Mercado? "What's the post office Mom? Officina Postal? (just a guess). "What's the word for Library Mom?" I know this one!! Biblioteca!!! "Can you sing this verse in Spanish?" Why no,
Jeff , I can't, can you? Thought so. (Just a side note here, I CAN say the Pledge of Allegiance en espanol!)

Tonight, (noche'?) mi hijo y su estudiante, Jefe' labeled our home with Spanish words. It's good to know that not only HE is learning from you, we all are.



Even el gato, Scout, got into the Espanol practice! EL familia todo is having a bueno time with Jefe's espanol practica, so we'll continue. Just one thing, you DO know that you are helping to train a future Mormon missionary don't you? I know you do, and I know you love that and you will love those letters that will eventually come, written en espanol perfectica!!

Con muchas gracias,
Su Amiga,

Jeni
PS. (Don't grade me on my efforts in Spanish. Obviously Mrs. Prickett's sixth grade Spanish didn't stay with me for the long haul. )

13 comments:

Linsey said...

Su familia será bilingüe pronto gracias los esfuerzos del Jeff. Entonces quizá algún día usted y byron puede ser hablar españoles a misioneros también.

Anonymous said...

Wait 'til the mission! Of course my son took french in high school and ended up in Mexico City on his mission. I also took french and ended up in Italy! So at our house we "argue" over the purer language! It's all fun and good! Glad to see Jeff is enjoying it so much and sharing it all with his family!

Annemarie said...

OK, so Linsy is putting us all to shame...

That boy is funny!

Lisa-Marie said...

This is funny. I love the labeled cat.

Sirri suddenly thinks she knows spanish and sings "in spanish" all the time. It is really cute and really annoying at the same time. She sits next to a Hispanic girl in school now, (in hopes that she won't be so chatty) but that hasn't worked. Nice try Mrs. Allred!

And why is there a gift certificate to Baskin Robins on your fridge? That would never last long enough to make it to the fridge at my house. Use that thing already!!!

Lauren in GA said...

Linsey is awesome!

Jeff cracks me up....especially the labeled cat picture. That is a great question...how does one get the little ~ looking thing above the n?

I just wanted to tell you that I told my husband about your hilarious story about Ben, "looking for food" er, I mean Scouting for food"...we both thought the story was so cute and funny.

Jen said...

I took Spanish in highschool for one year then I took two years of French. Whenever I would mess up on my assignments and tests, my Spanish/French teacher (I had the same teacher for both) would say that I would mix in my Spanish with my French. Yeah, that's it Mrs. Kopriva. Little did she know, I would just make up stuff, that I didn't know.

Jeff said...

ñ? Ñ?

For Ñ:
ALT+0209

For ñ:
ALT+0241

Rochelleht said...

Oh my gosh, Jen! Yet one more thing we have in common: I have the same bedspread on my bed! :-)

the wrath of khandrea said...

yeah, what linsey said.

the wrath of khandrea said...

actually, i love spanish. i love languages. i just started trying to teach the family japanese. we'll see how that goes.

diane said...

I made my boys take French so I could brush up my skills. What was I thinking living in Mexifornia?

Miss Candy Anderson said...

hahahahaha i love that you did the cat!!

shauna said...

That is sooooo funny. I love your spanglish.

Um, I think we have the same comforter. Bed Bath and Beyond about 5 years ago? Isn't it so cute?! I would say it in spanich but I don't shpeak it.