Monday, November 3, 2008

Two boys, To Activities, Too Busy

Boy #1
Well, Homecoming is finally over. Almost. They have to pull the plywood from the track but it's too wet, so we're not quite done. Dang it.

Things didn't quite turn out the way we wanted. I am now wishing that I had volunteered to be the class advisor, because the one they had was a complete control freak shrew. (oh, I hope she doesn't read my blog....) She yelled constantly and was not nice to the kids. I think it's pretty likely they liked me better. She is so bad, my own kid even likes me better.

The float got finished and I can safely say that the class of 2012 had the WORST Lion head in the storied 105 year history of Liberty High School. That's quite an accomplishment! Woot-woot.



To start the story I have to show this. Some family brought their couch out to the parade route to obviously watch in comfort. This is not the Rose Parade, it only lasts maybe 30 minutes, maybe. Jeff was horrified that I took a picture, I thought it was excellent documentation of small town America.

Ralph was our helper for the float. He was a friend of the advisor. He drove from the high school to the parade route. He should have gone 5 miles an hour, he went 25 mph, turned a corner, hit a huge tree branch and our goal posts? Broke in three parts. So did the hearts of the little Freshman class officers.


It's hard to tell here just how BAD the Lion head was, but trust me on this. Look at our sad goal posts and our sad Wolverine. The striping on the football field looks great though huh?



The saddest part of my day, when I saw this picture and realized that my 14 year old is quite a bit taller than me. Oh, and realizing that sweatshirts don't do a thing for me.



It was cool seeing those kids hanging from the truck, cheering and being proud of being high schoolers. Their attitude (despite their sad broken float) was positive and positively inspiring.
2-0-1-2, class of "12" 2-0-1-2, I am sure proud of YOU!!

Boy #2:

Celia and Rachel, you knew it had to come, the soccer post. I tried and tried to hold back, but like the psycho soccer mom that I am...here it is.



This is Scotty. This is a picture of Scotty in a soccer shirt. You would be hard pressed to find a picture of Scotty in anything but a soccer shirt. He has about 30 of them, from all over the world. It's his signature style. Scotty LOVES soccer, it is his world, his lifebreath, the reason for his existence. I like it too, I especially like that Scotty is good at soccer, really good (and this was said very humbly.) This love gets me out of housecleaning on Saturday's and gives me a reason to scream at something at the top of my lungs. That wasn't a sonic boom friends, it was me.



His favorite decoration in his room, his own soccer banner.

This year Scotty played for the Dominators. Their record is 8-2. Our team has scored 51 goals for the season, Scotty has scored 20 of them. He loves to kick, he loves to fall down, he loves to play. It is fun to hear other parents scream at their kids to get the ball to him. He is well known in the league and has been an all-star every year he has played. We are very proud of how hard he works and his dedication to getting better. He never complains about practice and loves it when he falls down and gets muddy and bruised. Scotty doesn't get mad on the field and sets a good example for his team.



The regular season is over, the twice a week practices are over, the two games/scrimmages a week are over and tomorrow night the playoffs start. The last two years he has been on the Championship team, this year the competition is harder. Whatever the outcome we are proud of how kind you are to others on your team and for the leader you are becoming.
Go Scoooters Go!

P.S. Please tell your coach that it is really hard for your mother's heart when you play Goalie.
Tell him that she is old and you want to keep her around a few more years and perhaps Fizz could play goalie again instead of you? Thank you.

18 comments:

Tristan said...

Keeping busy is a good thing sometimes! Glad you had a good time at the parade! I think you look cute in the pic with Jeff!

So is Scotty the next soccer star? How fun! I think it is so great when Moms cheer on their kids at their games!

Lauralee said...

what a soccer star you have! that is awesome!

the float is awesome. I think it is so neat the parade and everything.. bummer the goal posts broke!

Anonymous said...

You have great kids, full of life and you sure create great memories for all of them! It's so nice to see parents really involved in their kids life! What a fun family, with all their talents!

the wrath of khandrea said...

all i ever notice anymore is whether or not you tuck.

it's so hard being obsessive.

Lauren in GA said...

I am so sorry the goal posts got broken...but it is great that they had a great time anyway. The Lion Head looks great from behind...very intimidating. Those lines on the field are, indeed, impressive!

I love that you have such a fantastic soccer star on your hands. :)

The Miller Family said...

I just love reading your posts! I always get excited when I see your blog come up on Google Reader!

My oldest just turned 2, but he already loves anything having to do with any sport. Sometimes it scares me to death...SO afarid he's going to be broken in all kinds of places...so it's nice to read this post and see that Mom's can have kids that are in sports and be HAPPY about it, lol!

Annemarie said...

I am dying over the couch...really??? Hope they were comfy. Did they leave it there after? Wow.

Your soccer player is a cutie!

queenieweenie said...

Right there with ya girl!

All I do is take kids from one event to the other.

life in red shoes said...

For what it's worth, sweatshirts don't do a thing for anyone!

Jen said...

I have two boys that I live with that are obsessed with soccer. My 11 year old plays and my husband is his coach. My husband records soccer games! Scotty rocks the soccer!

Sorry about the Lion head. I'm sure Ralph's lead foot didn't help the situation.

diane said...

Love the couch picture. I need a couch to take to games.
You are a hot soccer mom.

diane said...

It is weird to have all my kids taller than me.

Jake said...

Wow...totally impressed by all the extra curriculars!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Thanks for your request! That's a huge compliment and I couldnt' find your email so I am responding this way. You are welcome to read anything to your class. I wish I'd written something a little more eloquent, but that was from the heart.

Erin said...

I had no idea Scotty was such a soccer stud! Way to go. Sorry to hear about the float. :(

P.S. I found McCain's senate office address...
:
241 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

...you mentioned you were interested in sending him a Thank you note, too. :)

Hazen5 said...

I love those boys! And I love hearing about their activities. Come on Jeni, that was not nearly enough bragging about Scott and Jeff, I need more!!!

mamasuisse said...

I loved your comments on I-don't-remember-who's blog about not hiding under a rock (sorry - still recovering from baby brain). I am a fairly shy person and have to put forth a lot of effort to stay out from under rocks. You may be my new hero.

Robin said...

Cool soccer banner. Where did you get that? I have a B-ball player who would love one!