Saturday, November 8, 2008

Quick update on Life, or I'm still here

1. Still not tucking, I think I have successfully broken this habit. Not that anyone cares, but this is my journal and that was for posterity. Sometimes I think I miss my nervous habit.

2. I have fallen off the no Diet Pepsi wagon. But not completely off, only 1/2 off, (which means I am being dragged). I am only drinking a 16 oz every other day. I do miss my friend. Alot.

3. Scotty's team won their Wed. playoff game, 6-2, with Scotty scoring two goals, the first and the last.

4. They won the semi-final game today, 4-3 in a shoot-out. Scotty scored a goal in the first half and then the other team scored so it was tied. We went to a 10 minute sudden death, at the end of the 10 minutes, still tied. The Dominators went to a shoot out. We were down, 3-2 and little Scotty G. was the 3rd kicker for his team, GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL! He tied us up and then our goalie blocked two and Mason kicked the winning goal. WHEW! Finals on Friday at 7:00 at the stadium under the lights. (We're going to get our butts kicked, the other team is GOOD.) Rachel, that was for you!

5. Scotty is the starting center forward for the All-Star Team.

6. I had a Gynecological procedure done yesterday. I had a spinal block, first one ever. I have a headache and I am miserable today, therefore a total lack of a sense of humor. I remember now how miserable contractions are.

7. The CPAP Sleep apnea machine and I aren't getting along. It feeds my huge claustrophobic personality. So...what to do? I've gotten along all this time, but now the Dr's. have me totally freaked. Another posterity item for my family...."mommy, Grandma must really like Star Wars, she goes to bed every night looking like a storm trooper."

8. I am teaching Gospel Doctrine tomorrow, just in case I'm not miserable enough.

16 comments:

Tristan said...

Way to go Scott! Sorry about the procedure! Call in sick tomorrow for GD class. Oh...and just go back to your beloved drink. ;) You know you want to!

Lauralee said...

oh man gospel doctrine? you'll do great i am sure, but the stress!

congrats on stopping the tucking..

soda is a tough one to quit.. baby steps!

congrats to scotty!

Anonymous said...

Cute blog. I am up late so I am doing some browesing. Came from the molly mormon site. Brentwood? Are you in TN? My husband and I are going there this weekend to check out the area for a possible move. He is interviewing for a school there. I was just curious.

Margaret said...

I didn't realize you were a Star Wars girl! I hope you are keeping your lightsaber in case of an Ewok invasion!

diane said...

Doesn't #6 get you out of #8?!

Linsey said...

Gospel Doctrine and Seminary? Is there such as thing as too much religion?

Anonymous said...

You just don't have enough to do!!! Congrats anyway for your son and the many steps you've taken to make changes in your life! I hope you are feeling better and that the medical industry will quit finding things ti "pick" on you about!

calibosmom said...

You just go right ahead and drink the Diet Pepsi and don't even think about feeling guilty.

the wrath of khandrea said...

hmm.

you need a vacation.

fo rizzle.

i want more pictures of the no tucking. it's insprirational because it represents self-control. as a control freak, i like that.

Good Time Charlie said...

Way to go on the GD lesson. Sorry I missed the 1st half, I had to hang in Primary.
You are a better woman than me, giving up the DP. I may have to seriously question my testimony if the Prophet asked us to give it up. (jk......sort of).
So sorry about the gyno procedure. I can speak from the lovely experiences I have had in the hospital regarding female issues that being a woman is really, really hard and heartbreaking sometimes.
Way to go Scotty!!!

queenieweenie said...

I say tuck if you want to tuck!!

Celia Fae said...

Bummed that the machine isn't working.

I wish I could have been there for GD. I miss it.

Lisa-Marie said...

yahoo scotty! you rock. (and so does your amazing mom!)

hang in there jeni. and i agree with andrea. more no tucking pics. we'll all tell you how beautiful you are. maybe that will help with the dp withdrawals!

love ya.

Jen said...

Oh man! Going through Diet Pepsi withdrawls, a procedure "down there", and teaching GD?!?!?! You've had a rough week! Hang in there!

Yay Scotty! He's got skillz!

Lauren in GA said...

I loved having the update...

Scotty is a super star!!!!

Man, Gospel Doctrine? That would scare me out of my wits. Good job to you!

Hazen5 said...

Thanks for the Scotty update! I hope your feeling better down south!!! (hehehe)