Friday, November 21, 2008

Whose Happy Birthday is it now?

Today is the birth date of two of my favorite guys, my new son-in-law Skyler and my husband Byron. Nice of them to share a day so that I don't forget the newbie!!


We're so glad that this cute little guy...

Grew up to be this handsome guy and found himself a cute girl....


Who just happens to be related to us, so now we can love him too!!! When we count our blessings Skyler, we count you 7, 8, 9 times at least. Happy Birthday, we truly love you!

Now, as for the other birthday boy, it's my best friends birthday. (no, not Vicki's or Pam's) my best Boyfriend!!! I don't dare tell you how old he is but here's 51 fascinating things about him!!!

1. Byron was born in Charlottesville, VA.
2. When he was a year old he was held and rocked to sleep by Joseph Fielding Smith
3. He is the third Byron in a row and is a Jr.
4. He attended BYU on a full ride scholarship
5. Byron served a mission to the Germany Munich Mission
6. He spent most of his time in Austria.
7. Byron got a 760 out of 800 on his DAT (Dental Aptitude Test)
8. He went to USC and earned his D.D.S. in 1986



9. Byron only received 3 B's in college, in Bowling, Pearl of Great Price and Inorganic Chemistry
10. Byron is smart, really smart.
11. Byron doesn't talk much,
12. But when he does, it's usually pretty funny
13. He has a very dry, quick wit that can be very naughty at times
14. Byron is not handy with tools
15. But he can sure rearrange your furniture beautifully
16. He doesn't have any allergies



17. Byron doesn't like small boats, but loves to go on cruises
18. Byron ran track in school
19. He also played club volleyball
20. His favorite food is hot dogs and he wants to make a pilgrimage to famous hot dog joints around the country
21. He doesn't reallylike sweets



22. Except for Hot Tamales and Mike and Ikes'
23. He LOVES soda pop
24. Byron loves music and has thousands, yes thousands, of CD's, albums, tapes etc...
25. He organizes them by genre and then alphabetizes them
26. He likes to clean
27. Byron LOVES to shop
28. Byron is a movie buff, especially scary movies. He owns hundreds of movies.



29. He has a mindful of useless, trivial stuff that comes in handy during games
30. Byron has Lymphoplasmacytic Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's cancer in his bone marrow
31. He also has Rheumatoid Arthritis
32. He has retired from Dentistry
33. He now teaches science at Liberty High School.
34. His kids like him more than they like their mom, we all know it.



35. Byron loves that his boys all love music like he does.
36. Byron was YM President for five years, in YM for seven
37. Those boys still love him dearly
38. He loves animals and was going to be a Veterinarian
39. Byron is naughty and plays with his I-phone in Church



40. He helped Mitch get his Eagle Scout because Mom wouldn't. (see #34)
41. Byron doesn't golf. At all. Very undentist like.
42. Byron won't ask for directions.
43. Byron doesn't cook much.
44. Byron makes AWESOME salsa
45. He tries to get out of having a Christmas tree every year. Lauren has a fit.
46. Byron will be starting another round of chemo soon.
47. He has a pretty good attitude about the changes in his life.
48. Byron loves his parents very much.
49. Byron loves his children more than anything.
50. Byron has lived a life where he has given much service to others
51. Byron makes us happy.


16 comments:

queenieweenie said...

That is SO COOL! My son and my husband share a birthday too.

Happy, Happy Birthday Byron and Skyler dear....!

Kim Walus said...

Happy Happy Birthday Byron and Skyler. We hope you have a wonderful day remembering and reflecting on your life and your accomplishments.

Jeni, I loved reading about Byron. There were a few things I didn't know about Byron. It sure made me miss all of you. Give him a hug for me! I hope you come visit when you can. I remember the time Kenna knocked down part of Byron's CD collection and he was sooo sooo kind about it. It's hard to explain the horror I felt when I saw the pile of CD's on the floor. lol!

Thanks for the anniversary wish and yes I do still have the wedding hat. I have a cute picture of Natalie dancing around in it when she was two.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your favorite guys! What a very nice blog! So sorry to hear about the bone marrow disease, I pray all goes well and the chemo works! You have such a lovely family!

Rochelleht said...

Wow, that was so interesting. I didn't know your hubs was dealing with cancer. You guys obviously handle it very well. Loved the 'story' of being put to sleep by Joseph Fielding Smith. So cool!!

Lauren in GA said...

Happy Birthday to both wonderful fellas!

I am totally intrigued by the story of being rocked to sleep by Joseph Fielding Smith!

I just knew you were having a love affair with a teacher from school ;)

Paige said...

Happy Birthday to your boys. I love the last Eternal Couple picture.

life in red shoes said...

Oh man, give this guy a hug from me!

Hazen5 said...

Happy Birthday Byron!!!! I have a case of Cactus Cooler waiting for you here in San Diego.

Happy B-day to you too Skyler!

Jen said...

Happy birthday to the "newbie" son-in-law and to your main man!

Your husband is so interesting! Loved learning about him!

Your husband and family will be in my thoughts and prayers as your husband starts chemo. Good luck friend!

Tristan said...

Happy Birthday Skyler! Happy Birthday Byron!

Nortorious said...

Happy Birthdays! Nothing like a kid to be your best birthday present ever.
I like the celestial picture at the bottom.

Vicki said...

We love you Byron! Happy,happy b-day! Love, Vicki :)

calibosmom said...

I like Byron. Mike and Ike's are my favorite too. Happy Birthday to your boys!!!

Jake said...

November 21 was a good day for you and Lauren, huh?

Happy happy to both birthday boys.

Jessica said...

It was so fun getting to go Byron better. (SOmetimes I forget my blog friends are married!)

Happy Birthday to everyone!

Ilene said...

Happy Birthday Boys!

Why do kids like Dad more? Heck, I like Dan more than me.

I'm glad he likes big boats for your sake. I would much rather go on a cruise than go fishing.