Saturday, March 15, 2008

First Aid Merit Badge


Thank goodness for Boy Scouts! This is Scotty and his best friend in the world, Matt. Matt came to our house today in perfect condition and is leaving tonight wounded. But thanks to Tenderfoot Scout, Scotty, Matt is bandaged beautifully. Notice the First Aid Kit on Scotty's lap, thank you Dr. Brother Bledsoe for helping the boys put together this lovely kit, it came in handy.

It was 8:00, and the sun was down. It is a rule (not often followed) that when the sun goes to bed, so does wildness. I was on the computer and the running started. "Stop running" I yelled in my kindest mother voice (hahaha). It didn't stop. "STOP RUNNING NOW!!", a tad more harshly. Then......boom, boom, crash, yeeeeoooooowwwww! Silence, then crying. Out comes Jeff looking guilty.

"What happened?" (This was yelled at top volume.)
"Nothing, it's okay."
Then Scotty comes out, his eyes huge. "What happened?"
"Nothing"
"Is Matt hurt?" (I was completely out of control at this moment, I admit it.)
"No,..... just a little......."
Then Scotty comes upstairs holding a handful of band-aids.
"What do you need those for? IS MATT BLEEDING?!?" Hysteria sets in, I imagine blood gushing everywhere. I went in and braved the scene myself.
Matt is a budding hockey star and we have wounded his stick wielding arm.
The wound close-up. The boys REALLY wanted that seen. You can't see the bruise, but it's there. I hope there isn't a scar someday, because it's not a great story like getting wounded arm wrestling a crocodile or something. This is the point of impact, the drawer on Scotty's bed.
The good news is that Matt is not going to lose his arm, he recovered enough to be able to play Super Mario Bros, he gritted his teeth, but he pulled it off. Brave, Brave Matt.

Ahhh, another day in Parenting Paradise.

9 comments:

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ilene said...

Now your son can bear his testimony of scouting next Pack Meeting. Wait, he is out of that Pack Meeting thing- what do Scouts call their meetings?

Jeff said...

Court of Honor.

Tristan said...

Boys will be boys!!

Tristan said...

Oh, one more thing...Chicks dig scars right?!? ;) Nice one!

Lauren said...

ohhh scotty. he is such a stud!

Hazen5 said...

Good job Scotty!!!! It isn't fun unless there is blood.

shauna said...

Boys, I loved the close up. I'll show it to my son and tell why little monkeys are not supposed to jump on the beds.

Great reporting mom!

Lauren in GA said...

Well, as the mother of 3 boys I can tell ya...we are sisters, you and I...my days are coming...they have already started, infact.

You are such a funny blogger and so fun to read...I eat up all of your comments on other blogs, too...