Monday, March 3, 2008

The Miracle Worker


This is Stacy. She is my very best friend in the whole world. (Sorry Vicki)
I love Stacy. She is a miracle worker.

This is where Stacy works, at 'Tangles Salon'
in beautiful Brentwood. Stacy is a hair stylist and as I said before, a miracle worker. She is a hoot. Her family were patients of Byron's when he was still Dentisting. They live around the corner and down the street from us. She graduated from the same high school as wild child did one year before him. Her best friend is a member of our old ward. Her other good friend dated my nephew. (some stories to tell there!!) We have all these parallel connections but never met until a few months ago.

Like every good salon, Tangles is ripe with gossip. I have lived here for 22 years and know lots of people and know OF lots of people. It is fun to go and hear all the stories. I get kinda ticked off when someone turns on a hairdryer and I can't hear. Every time I go in there are a couple of people I know and it's fun to catch up. Tangles is a cute salon with a cute receptionist that I know from the high school. (I think she is horrified every time I walk in, remember, I work in the DISCIPLINE office....) They have chocolate at the front desk. Points for that. You can also have waxing done there, no thanks! Just the eyebrows. Stacy is also a makeup artist...but I don't think even she, the miracle worker that she is, can get rid of my double chin. dang it.

Stacy can take my hair from looking like this...80% gray roots showing (and a bald spot that I just noticed) drab, lifeless and big time root problems,



and make it look like this!!! New color, new life, cut great...
In 3 hours and for a cost that equals the Gross National Product of a small African nation, she restores some of my youth and A LOT of my self esteem. I tell you, nothing,
(well almost nothing ) is better than having your hair washed and fussed with. I could almost purr. And the products they use always smell SO good. I'm too cheap to buy a $35 shampoo. (Maybe that's not being cheap, it's being sensible and respectful to our checkbook?) I love the whole hair thing, it is my favorite way to pamper myself. Besides, I'd rather not look old yet, I will go down kicking and screaming. Thank you to whoever invented hair dye, you are my hero.

Oh! AND after you have your hair colored, washed and cut you can go across the parking lot to Loards' Ice Cream and get Peppermint ice cream all year long. I ask you...does it get better than that? So...what's your favorite way to be pampered? Does anyone love the whole hair experience as much as I do?

10 comments:

Jessica said...

It takes me 3.5 hours (with driving) to get a cut and color, cause my stylist is 40 minutes away. This inhibits my friends from going to my salon. I don't understand it at all...it's kind of a selling point for me: longer away from the kids, thank you very much.

Celia Fae said...

I, too, patronize tangles. And boy was I happy when they put Loard's next door. My girl is Tina. She's the one on the end with the bob. I'll make sure to look for Stacy next time I am there.

I love getting my hair done too, but the dye sometimes itches my scalp. Does that ever happen to you?

Jenibelle said...

I have known Tina for years. The leopard skin and bouffant hairdo scare me though. No, I am so happy when I am there, I don't notice any uncomfort!

Tristan said...

I am a hairstylist and I love it! I haven't worked in a salon since my first was born 4 years ago, but I still do friends, neighbors, family in my bathroom. I LOVE it! Its so fun to do for someone, what you got today! Its all about the self esteem!

I do love getting my own hair done too! Its fun, although I am respectively picky. :)

Celia, if the color is itching your scalp that is normal cuz it even itches mine. If it is painful or if you have burning sensations then that is a problem and you should say something to your stylist. It is different for everyone though.

Erin said...

I love getting my hair done, although I only get it done twice a year. That way I can justify going some where that's a little more expensive. :)

I love to pamper myself by getting my eye brows waxed. It's such a small thing, but I always feel so much better.

Oh, and pedicures are nice too.

P.S. Your hair looks fab!

Jake said...

Hair has been subject for many of my posts. It is amazing how a good haircut can change your whole life.

I would love to come to Tangles with you and Celia and go out for ice cream afterwards. Peppermint is my all-time fave!

Hazen5 said...

Isn't everyones best friend their hair stylist? Celia, I used to go to Tina too, every time I left the salon I looked just like her! She is awesome. Your hair is gorgeous Jeni.

Lisa-Marie said...

I get my haircut in a woman's home and it costs me 7 bucks. I can't really justify spending more than that when I have so little to cut. I DO however LOVE peppermint ice cream! And a great pedicure. Which I only get when I am in California visiting my sister. Hmmmm. That's like once a year. Poor me.

Marie said...

I love getting my hair done! Too bad I only treat myself to it once a year. I would love a pedicure right now though, seeing how I can't reach my toes.

Hollyween said...

I love getting my hair done. It's like a little mini-vacation. My favorite part is reading a magazine by the hair dryer while the dye works its magic. It's awesome... and so is your hair!