Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Notes from School

The following is an actual note that was brought into the attendance office. The names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent.




Joe Schmoe is late for school this morning because on his way out the door this morning he was confronted by a fire-breathing dragon. As he reached for his magical sword it dawned on him that he had left it in the dark and dreary forest where yesterday he had slain werewolves who were attempting to molest his Princess. So, with no magic sword, he called upon his flying monkeys to retrieve it for him. (They always make such a mess, I just hate them)
His monkeys were moving a little slow, perhaps it was their late night out with friends. When the monkeys FINALLY returned with Joe's sword, there ensued a ferocious, bloody battle with the dragon. He had to clean up a little and dress his burns from the dragon. However, he could have still made it to school on time, but I could not let him leave the gory mess. So he had to clean up the blood and the dragon parts, (it would have traumatized his younger siblings). So, he had to stay home a little longer this morning and as you can see, it is all my fault.

Thank you for understanding,
Josephina Schmoe, Mother and Slave Driver

Gotta love this Mom.

9 comments:

Linsey said...

I am crying - this is hilarious. Maybe he could have made it to school on time if she hadn't stopped to write the note. I love your job - thank you for sharing it with us.

Nancy said...

That is amazing! I think it is hilarious what people think of to get out of stuff!

Christie said...

I enjoy and admire her creativity. Way to go, mom!

Ilene said...

This gets me excited for when I can write notes for my kids.

Glad someone makes your work day a bit more enjoyable!

Jen said...

This mom is a mom after my own heart. This note is a note worth sharing!

Go Mom!

Tristan said...

She deserves a "Mother of the Year" award! That is awesome!!

Hazen5 said...

I like that mom, what a way to spin it around!

gab said...

Does the woman have a blog?!

Lauren in GA said...

I want to be her friend!!!!!!!!!!! What a great note! I bet she is an awesome blogger ;)