Thursday, May 29, 2008

One more hour of sleep!



Today was our last day of Seminary. I know I am supposed to be sad because "my kids" will be graduating and moving on and I won't see them anymore...(ummm, not true, 3 of the 4 stalwart ones live in my ward) ANYWAY, I know I should be sad that I won't get to spend every night studying my scriptures mightily, looking for ways to enrich and inspire them. But truthfully, all I can think about is ONE MORE HOUR OF SLEEP! Woooooo-Hoooooooo! I will enjoy my two months off, I will think daily of my new class of Freshmen (of which CeliaFae owns one and so do I for that matter) but I will not miss my 5:15 am alarm. Not one little bit.

*I will not miss fighting with the library lock
*I will not miss the copy machine that really does have a brain of it's own and it's an evil brain
*I will not miss trying to think of new and fascinating ways to teach Scripture Mastery
*I will not miss trying to get the DVD player to work. It doesn't like 6:30 either.
*I will not miss trying to keep sweet KC on track. Love him.
*I will not miss doughnuts
*I will not miss always, everyday, being on my game that early in the morning.
*I will not miss Leviticus, Obidiah, Micah.......
*I will not miss feeling bad if all the kids don't want to come

*I will miss Karlee, Derrick, Tom, KC, Vincent, Jarrett, Angel, Kelsey, Kendal, Kyle and Devin.
*I will miss their daily prayers on my behalf.
*I will miss listening to them laugh.
*I will miss Moses, Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Daniel, Rachel, Esther and all my other heroes.
*I will miss reading everyday and finding great quotes
*I will miss talking to Alisa everyday (my team teacher)
*I will miss finding words like "vomit" and "worwold" in the scriptures.
*I will miss celebrating Jewish holidays
*I will miss the sweet spirit Seminary has given my life
*I will have time to read more blogs.

13 comments:

Tristan said...

I don't function before 9:00 AM. So I don't know how you do 6:30 AM Seminary. I feel blessed that Seminary is part of the school schedule in Utah. Although I didn't graduate! HA! All of my teachers were great, except one. I ended up dropping out of Seminary during his class. Too bad really, because I always enjoyed Seminary.

Jake said...

This post makes me excited!

Sounds bittersweet...but more sleep+more blogging=happy Jeni!

Annemarie said...

This was making my head spin reading and only imagining what this must have entailed. SLEEP IN!!! And, blog on sista!

Nancy said...

I wish all seminary teachers could be as dedicated as you. I had a couple of amazing teachers, but there were 2 I couldn't stand, and one whose class I switched out of, (instead of dropping out) since my use of the car was dependent on going to seminary. I'm glad you'll have more time on your hands though... sleeping in is a neccessity in my book!

calibosmom said...

Here's to an extra hour of sleep and more time for bloggin'! I have great repect for all Seminary teachers and students! Way to go!

diane said...

The question is, will you miss Isaiah?

Jake said...

p.s. Just published your interview...hope you like it! Thanks so much...

the wrath of khandrea said...

diane... too funny. ain't that the truth though!
just read your interview on gab's blog. fantastic. really. i think moms need to say things like that to each other, so that we feel like we can actually survive this parenting trip. thanks for what you said.

Anonymous said...

Hi, you don't know me, and neither does Gabi from who's site I found your blog from the interview she did with you! How fun to get to teach Seminary! I am a convert so that was not a part of my life, but I would have loved it! I joined the church in college as a sophomore and absolutely LOVED institute! I loved your interview, I have a son fresh from the mission field and I am more concerned now than when he was a teen! Trust certainly is an important factor! Thanks for your wisdom and laughter!

Bridget said...

I think there's a special place in heaven for early morning seminary teachers. Anyone who has to lose an hour of sleep everyday hasn't earned their stripes. Congrats!

Lauralee said...

I found you thru gabi's blog.. I scrolled thru and read some.. I read your obituary.. and not the before part.. I was so sad to read that, a seminary teacher killed? anyway,glad I reread the begining! glad you are alive.. so fun to read your blog.. you sound like a great mom.. I taught seminary for one year after my mission.. loved it.. hope to do it again when my kids are older.. didn't love the getting up early part, but loved how into the scriptures I got to be.. anyway.. glad to meet you!

Lauren in GA said...

I am very happy for your one more hour of sleep!

You will feel so refreshed! :)

Ilene said...

Ah, this post brings back memories.
My mom taught 6am seminary for 8 years or so. Two of those years she taught me and my class. She was the best teacher and was always on her game. She also had to fight with the DVD player and library lock.

Of course that meant I always had to be on my game too... it's hard to misbehave or make fun of the teacher when it is your mom.

Congrats on making it through the O.T.!