Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Accessorize Me!!

Do you watch "What not to Wear?" I do! Love it.

I would love, love, love to go on the show, but unfortunately, I don't dress quite bad enough. I've thought about faking it and having someone nominate me, but I don't think I could pull off hippie dressing or sweats and tube tops for two or three weeks.

Since I am SUCH a fan of the show, I know one thing...it is so important to accessorize. Just the right earrings or necklace or shoes will make an outfit POP!

I have my own personal theory about accessories. Want to hear it? (of course you do!!) Earrings and shoes (and purses Paige) are the great fashion equalizers. It doesn't matter how chubby or skinny you are, you can have great earrings, shoes or purses. Because of my belief, I spend way too much money on the aforesaid items.

In my regular wardrobe I have great deal of white and black. I only wear black because they haven't developed a darker color yet. Black is a wonderful disguiser of my multitude of body flaws.

Today I got a new accessory in black.




















Because of this....






Just adds to the on-going saga of my life.
You, too, can get this at your local Kaiser Emergency room!

I am getting sick of Lemonade.


(A disclaimer...our pool isn't usually this dirty, it has been stinkin' windy here!!!)

19 comments:

martyrudd said...

Oh Jeni, this is such a Marty Rudd thing to do! Sorry for the accident, but maybe this means you could put your feet up for a few days. Hummmm, I don't think so!!

Annemarie said...

Oh no, no, no, no!! I was hoping for a really cute pair of black shoes. What exactly happened near/in that pool? SO sorry.

Jenibelle said...

It's embarrassing, I fell off the sidewalk. All 3 inches of it. I am a clutz, a certified clutz.

Margaret said...

Poor thing! I have a good friend who broke two bones in her lower leg falling off a ladder...while getting summer clothes down in her garage. Poor thing had screws, pins, and plates put in her leg and now is in a pretty green cast. At least you got the boot!

Can you be my fashion advisor? I'd really appreciate it! I will keep those ideas in mind. I love that show too! Fun stuff. Have you read "The Science of Sexy" by Bradley Bayou. It's really helpful! He was on Oprah awhile back. The book is all about taking the body shape you have and playing up the awesome parts. We have it at our library.

Erin said...

Ah, stink! Hopefully it'll be better by the wedding.

On the plus side, the sandal on your left foot is darling!


P.S. I'll email you the Rachel pics soon. There were a couple that turned out really cute!0

Tristan said...

I LOVE "What Not to Wear"!! I have been nominating my M-in-L for years and they won't take her!

I have some Swarovski Crystals...we could bling out your black boot and then it WOULD be an accessory!

diane said...

Of course I want injury details and haircut pics! Sorry, life threw you another curve ball.

Rochelleht said...

WOW! Didn't you just post about this...

Lauren in GA said...

OH NO, JENI!!!!!

VERY clever way to post about it...but, Ohhhhh Nooooooo!

I hope it is off by the time you are the Mother of the Bride...but, you could pull it off...black is very dramatic and goes well with everything, right?

Ohhhh, noooooo!

Anonymous said...

It must have something to do with the events in our lives combined with our ever constant desire to be efficient! I too, wore one of those lovely designer boots three summers ago! Followed by 3 months of physical therapy! Take care and best wishes!

Hazen5 said...

Leave it to you to have the best accessory at Lo's shower! You poor kid, slow down! Can't wait to see you this weekend and hear all about it!

Kellie said...

At least it makes your other foot look skinny! (It's almost like you ginkst yourself with the cherry story) Love ya!!!

Ashlee said...

Yuck! How awful! Hopefully it isn't on for too long! Maybe you could bedazzle it and make it a new trendy look! :0)

Jake said...

Seriously? Will it be off by the wedding?

the wrath of khandrea said...

i realize everyone is talking about your injury, but all i can think is "with cool accessories like that, there's NO WAY she could pull off white trash..."

so. i call your bluff. your inner WT is a myth.

Nancy said...

Jeni, I'm sorry that happened. I have worn the same kind of boot before too. Mine was for stress fractures through all my metatarsals. I was in college, and stupid, and walked on it for a month before I finally got tired of it hurting and went to the doctor. By the way, if you walk on a broken foot for a month, you can expect 1 month of wearing the boot for every week of walking on it broken. Has your doctor given you an idea of when your boot comes off?

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, Jeni. I am so sorry.

calibosmom said...

SHUT UP! Pedicures are going to be your new accessory! So sorry and Clinton and Stacey are my best friends too!

Lauren said...

mom, mom, MOM! this is just your luck. too bad i inherited this luck. knowing our family we are all going to be in cast's by the time the wedding comes, it will be fine as long as we all get pink ones to match the wedding, i don't know about that black.