Wednesday, June 4, 2008

You are cordially invited...

Dear Blogger friends,
What an amazing group of women you are! I read your posts and comments and marvel at the wisdom, creativity, humor and talent of all of you. I would like to invite you/beg you to share some of those wonderful attributes with my daughter Lauren. I thought of a "blogging shower" , the good thing is that you don't have to get dressed and go anywhere, no money or gifts involved, just a bit of your time. She reads your blogs and comments to me all the time about how cool you all are. She is having a "real" shower next week, I would love, love, love it if you would send a bit of advise, your favorite recipe, whatever...to my email. I will steal a picture from your blog, paste it on and print them all up and put them in a cute little book to give to her at her shower.
I hope I am not too annoying, I'm a proud Mom. If you knew the path we have taken to get her here, you would understand. If you lurk....make this be the time you comment!! (That means you Margaret and Donna!!!) Please send to my email, Jeni Groseclose at bjgrose@sbcglobal.net
(Please don't break my heart by sending me a negative comment, I'm tenderhearted.)
Thank you so much, let's start a little tradition!
Lovingly and thankfully yours,

Jeni

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a very clever and wonderful idea! You continue to impress me!

Annemarie said...

Love this!

Jen said...

What a fun idea!

Only, I think the only up-dated picture that I have on my blog of me, is one of me at 4:00 in the morning... without a shower, hair done, or make up applied. Scary!

melissa walker said...

That is a cute idea--I came over from Gabi's interview link and I can see why she chose to interview you! I hope blogs are still around in 20 years when my kids get married, so I could do the same thing!

Nancy said...

This is such a great idea! I'll send something over... once I think of it.

Tristan said...

This is such an awesome idea! I would love to send a recipe and maybe some thoughts, although I don't know that I really have much wisdom to share!

Jake said...

Yes!

Lisa-Marie said...

Of course! Of course! Of course!

Can my advice be, "please keep babysitting for me. My kids are good practice." Just kiddin' (sorta)

Speaking of. Are Lauren and Skyler staying in Rexburg after they are married or are they done? I keep forgetting to ask. Please don't disappoint me.

Caroline C. Bingham said...

I ♥ this idea!

Lisa-Marie said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

Three years. That's plenty of time to have little ones that I can then babysit for them!!!!

Paige said...

FABULOUS idea. And I love the invitation. I need to peruse the depths of the my experience for some good advice for Lolo.

calibosmom said...

What a fab idea...I'll be thinking!

Ardy said...

You're such a cool mom! Will you be my mom too? I love this idea!! I'll send something over, if you'll cutesy it up for me! Did I tell you what an amazing time we had this last week-end? Brian mentioned how cute Lauren is and that she is just like "one of us". (Don't know what that really means? Ha,espececially if you REALLY know how WE are!) ((Loves))

Kim Walus said...

I'll be working on it!

I have lots of good recipes, do you want more than one? Even if you don't I'll send more because more is better!!! LOL!

Celia Fae said...

Advice, yes, recipe, not really. But I'll try.

Linsey said...

First of all, your new background is uber-spectacular. Secondly, I've only got almost 5 years of wedded bliss under my belt, but I'll try to dig deep and come up with something helpful, or at the very least clever.

Miss Candy Anderson said...

Jeni, will you accept a recipe that consists of this:

1 Medium order of Fries
1/3 a cup of REAL cheese melted over.


Lauren will love that. Just tell her it's from Summey. Or if she's feeling particularly lazy... JUST GO TO LEATHERBY'S!!!

Miss Candy Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Miss Candy Anderson said...

Jeni, will you accept a recipe that consists of this:

1 Medium order of Fries
1/3 a cup of REAL cheese melted over.


Lauren will love that. Just tell her it's from Summey. Or if she's feeling particularly lazy... JUST GO TO LEATHERBY'S!!!

The Miller Family said...

I also found your blog through your "Motherlove" Interview.

I thnk this is just the neatest idea! What a fun gift this will make!

Lauren in GA said...

What a wonderful, wonderful idea! I love it! You are such a great Mom, Jeni!

I will have to start thinking what to send...

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, and I love the invitation! Just darling, like LoLo :)

shauna said...

Done.

Love it!!!!!!