Monday, June 2, 2008

The Eighth Grade Dance

The eighth grade dance, long awaited and long anticipated didn't disappoint.
We did have a little snafu earlier in the day when we went to get a haircut and it didn't quite turn out as planned. A little on the short side shall we say? There were tears, many tears and an "I hate you Mom". All in a days work.

So let me take you on a photo journey and show you why my son will start high school in August with duct tape over his eyes and a seeing eye dog to get him around

.

Yes ma'm this is an 8th grade girl. He certainly looks happy doesn't he? I guess the hormones work.



More girls letting their "girls" get some air.



Could he look goofier? I am pretty sure I saw him hug the girl in the purple when I picked him up. Her name is Edith. Yep. Edith.



This girl won "Class Clown" with Jeff, they are partners in laughter. Please let it not be permanent.



They let her out of the house. Unfortunately this was before Jeff broke his glasses, which will never be repaired for fear he could actually see these girls.



Cute girl, not much in the cart in the way of groceries. Good thing, he's taller and that would be all bad.



The girl in the middle is the lovely Kaitlyn, who I mistakenly keep calling Sarah. Sarah was her part in the play. I am relieved to see an age-appropriate dress and one that shows nothing when she bends over. I don't know when he had time to "stand around" with her since there are about 20 more pictures with lovely young ladies. Any guys at this dance Jeff?

Wednesday is the 8th Grade Promotion and then....Liberty High School....watch out, the charming and funny "Mr. Blue Eyes" is coming! Heaven help me.

25 comments:

Rochelleht said...

I'm truly speechless. My husband was looking over my shoulder and asked, "WHAT are you looking at?" He still can't believe those are 8th grade girls. "Girls didn't look like that when I was in 8th grade."

I still don't look like that...

Christie said...

I can't believe the cleavage on some of those girls. I never looked like that. Crazy.

Jen said...

I'm never letting my boys out of the house....EVER!

What ever happened the insecure, awkward, pimply, 13-14 year olds?

Ashlee said...

I just had a conversation with some friends about this type of thing yesterday! Girls are growing up WAY too early...and parents are letting them get away with it! Makes you want to lock your own kids up in the closet!

Annemarie said...

Crap. All I have to say is OH CRAP.

Lisa-Marie said...

YOWZA!!!!

Seriously, heaven help you!

Nancy said...

I can't believe they let their little girls out in those dresses. It makes me sick that these girls don't take the chance anymore to be young and carefree, rather, they dress like that, and look for attention they really don't need.

Jeff is going to be a heartbreaker.

By the way, my reader caught your post about Indian Summer and I loved it. I wanted to comment on it, but it's gone now, so I'll comment here. Thank you for your insights. I'm still figuring out which season I'm in (there are definitely times i need a sweater), but your insights have helped me to think of the blankets that help me make it through. Thank you!

Jenibelle said...

I'm going to post it later Nancy, too deep for right now, I needed something light hearted!!

Paige said...

HOLY BOOBS. Amazing. Edith is the cutest, despite her name. Love her in the purple dress.

think those girls would mind if you went around passing out shade shirts?

Hazen5 said...

Okay, not one boy was in any pictures! Way to go Jeff!

You are too cute

Tristan said...

OK...those girls are WAY too young to be showing THAT much cleavage! I seriously weep for the future! They are all beautiful girls! He seems like quite the Ladie's Man! So fun! Thanks for sharing this!

Ilene said...

Nothing should make a parent more proud than seeing their 13 year-old girl dress up like a 30 year-old.

Who wants a picture with a boy when you can have one of those girls?

Jeff said...

MOM!!! The girl labeled with the groceries thing is actually who won class clown with me!!!

Awww Edith, Bri and Megan :D!!!!

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

Im aghast!! Where in the world are these girls parents!!?? Dont their fathers remember what it is that young boys can't help thinking about??!!!

Lauralee said...

wow.. glad to see the one modest girl.. you son is adorable.. he sure looks happy!

the wrath of khandrea said...

that first picture cracked me up, because it looks like the guy standing behind him is a hot water bottle on his head.

which, frankly, he would've needed the following morning following the hooter hangover he must've had.

Lauren said...

awwww. i just love jeff.

Celia Fae said...

How in the world did Jeff get all of those pictures with such hot girls? Did he take a camera?

The girls at OUR middle school across town were much more modest. Not. I wish I had some pictures, though. Good bloggin.

calibosmom said...

This truly scares me. My 12 year old is right on the brink of this. Oh my, some of these girls...I'm speechless! Tell Jeff his hair looks great!

diane said...

What is it with girls showing their girls?! When I picked up my daughter the other day, there was a girl wearing a tube top over a tank top with bra straps showing and bun hugger shorts. Nice look.

Robin said...

I love your blog. I think we have a lot in common. I have a princess, wild child (that probably makes your WC look tame), cruise director and stud too!

Were you at BLGPLZA?

Jill said...

Holy crap! Those girls are endowed for sure...that is crazy, and they are skinny too. That doesn't add up! I wonder if it's all the hormones in food these days benefitting these little tikes.
Your son is cute!!

Lauren in GA said...

I cannot believe my eyes! Those girls are so developed...I understand why you want to use duct tape and enlist the help of a seeing eye dog...

I don't want my HUSBAND to see those girls (and those girls' features if ya know what I'm sayin') let alone a teenage boy. sheesh.

Jenn said...

Wow so much has changed since I was in 8th grade. Wow! I agree with jen and never letting my son out of the house. Or my daughter if she looks like that in 8th and wants to wear something that shows that much. Wow am I the only one that wonders what were their moms thinking.