Friday, June 27, 2008

A modern day miracle



As a mother I am always looking for faith promoting moments so that I can teach my children. Like the time Lauren's fuel pump died in the Nevada desert and after a prayer I knew what to do. Or the time Byron was supposed to have a surgery that was risky and the Dr's didn't want to do it. After a blessing another solution was proposed and worked. I never fail to point out the greatness of these modern day miracles.

Today my friends, another miracle happened at our home. Maybe not quite on the scale of the two mentioned and Moses parting the Red Sea, but a miracle nonetheless.

After much sacrifice and hard work...



For the FIRST TIME EVER IN 26 LONG YEARS...............














Byron's and my cars are sitting side by side in the garage.
They are co-habitating, just like us inside.
This may not seem like a big deal to you, but it honestly is the very first time EVER. I am not
known for my clean garage. I realize that most of you probably have your cars sitting blissfully side by side, out of the elements. We don't. Byron is SO happy.

But I'll tell you, there's a bigger miracle coming. Yep.





It will be ME getting into my car using the 8" Byron has left me. That skinny kid had to turn sideways to pass through. (See...we are ALL excited about this) Um, Byron sweetie? How do you expect me to get INTO my car now? Have you seen the size of my butt?
Take a good look sweetie.

Or not.

14 comments:

Lauren said...

yes indeed, i would call this quite the miracle. It makes me laugh cause no one will understand but the hazen's [theirs isn't much better]

Paige said...

Rachel's garage is messy? The horror! I know big butts, and I know they can SQUEEZE/mesh into any small space. It's when you get the boobs in on the action that it's painful.

Rochelleht said...

Maybe he'll be at work when you get in yours. That's how it works in our house.

Lisa-Marie said...

It would be a miracle if I HAD a garage.

Yours looks great! Thank heaven for little miracles huh??!?!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i say pull a bo and luke duke and jump in to your general lee through the window.
i like paige's theory as well... it gives me great relief to know i will NEVER have to worry about not fitting somewhere because of my boobs.

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! Yes indeed a real miracle! Being one that also has a narrow garage, Lee, my husband must put his passenger side of the car, all the way over, leaving about an inch from the wall, then I have room to get the minivan in with about 6 to 8 inches from the wall on the drivers side for me. While I am in no way "thin", I am fortunate my husband is a skinny "bean-pole", so that is how we work it! Did you choose your dress yet?

Ilene said...

Our last garage required that Dan back his car into the garage while mine went in "head" first. Somehow that gave us more room to get in and out. I don't know how it did but it did.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I cleaned my garage out this week, but there are still no vehicles in there. It is now my craft, playroom area. I'm not sure that'll ever happen for us - the whole park-in-the-garage thing. And I know my butt wouldn't fit anyway.

Jeff said...

A HUGE Miracle!

Margaret said...

YEAH!!!

You go girl!

Tristan said...

You are too cute! Good for you on the clean garage! I like Andrea's Dukes of Hazzard idea! I want to watch you do it with your black boot! ;)

Jake said...

Hahaha! That was funny. We have a three-car garage and both of our cars sit out on the driveway. It's all my husband's fault, of course!

Hazen5 said...

Shut-Up LO!!! Don't tell my dirty secret. So, did Byron finally throw all the stuff I left in your garage when we moved? I am so jealous of your garage!

Lauren in GA said...

I am totally cracking up about this! You are so funny :)

Yes, miracles do happen ;)

I have been gone on a family vacation and I have missed you, my friend!