Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Answered prayers

When did this little girl

turn into this big girl?

And now... who is this young woman?

I blinked and she grew up. Did I appreciate every moment? Does she know how very special she is? Did I teach her enough?

I had one of those moments today where you just want to sit and cry with joy.
I think this boy has stolen my girl's heart. I hope he knows how lucky he is to have her give her heart to him, that doesn't come easy for her. I hope I taught her how to be her own person and not lose herself while she is learning to love another.

Today after the devotional she went up to the temple and did baptisms, they can only do 3 at a time. I would have probably thought that wasn't worth the effort of going...but she did. She reads her scriptures every day, loves the religion classes she takes. She goes to FHE even when it's lame. She has found a young man to date that is a worthy priesthood holder and who treats her with absolute respect.

Today I was at work when Lolo called me and told me about the temple. I thought about her life, she gave us a run for our money for a couple of years in high school! I worried and hung on to her for dear life. I prayed and prayed and hung on even harder. She didn't like me much at all. I made her go to BYU-I, I literally MADE her, including packing her car. I can safely say she didn't like me at all!

And then today; I hung up with tears starting down my cheeks. My co-worker looked at me shocked and ran over, "are you okay? what happened?" I knew she wouldn't understand so I just nodded, "yes"

The thoughts I had were so simple, and such a comfort..."she's going to be fine. Thank you Heavenly Father, she's going to be just fine."

11 comments:

Christie said...

That was beautiful! Do you mind if I send over my five-year-old daughter when she's a teenager and you can do to her what you've done to your own? So will there be wedding bells soon?

Jake said...

She is gorgeous! Wow. That is my dream for my daughter. She is only seven and I am terrified about the teen scene. Please post more details...

Lisa-Marie said...

Aren't tears of JOY the best??!?! I'm so happy for you and HER!

And seriously? That really was her? I can not believe what a small (blogging) world it is! Too bad she has a boy to take care of her now. I want to. Think she'd come out to a crazy lady's house for dinner?!?!? I'd feed the boy too!

Jenibelle said...

No bells yet! My daughter is very cautious and not in a huge hurry. I will let you know when my panic attack starts!

Hazen5 said...

Our Girl is growing up! You did a fabulous job, all that worrying for nothing! I can't wait to go visit her, the poor boy won't know what hit him after he meets the two of us!!!! Miss You!!

Marie said...

Thanks for stopping by Jenibelle. I agree, all roads lead back to Celia Fae. She is our Mama Blogger and mentor.

I've heard those teenage years are rough and with one of my children I already feel like I'm going to fail. HELP! I guess I'm getting practice right now being the Young Women's President. Just a little taste of what is to come for me.

How do you like people from your own town reading your blog? I'm too scared to share my blog with anyone close by for fear they'll see a side of me I don't want them too. Is it bad? I'm worried I'll say something I'll regret. Plus, no one else around here blogs. What to do?

Marie said...

Thanks for the prayers Jenibelle. We're home from school today for an ice storm and I just made two of my kids throw away their 1/2 eaten lollipops. NO SUGAR...we need all the help we can get!

Celia Fae said...

Yeah, she looks pretty chummy with her BF. Send them over to Lisa-Marie's so she can check him out. She has really cute kids and apparently she can cook. She won Christie's cooking contest.

Lauren said...

cutester mom!!
a litttttle embarrassing but sweet.
i called grandma yesterday and she is going to mail me a bunch of names to do. so next time i go to the temple i can do a bunch!!

Hollyween said...

What a sweet post about your daughter! She's gorgeous!

Kim Walus said...

Panic!? Why panic? I know Lauren will make the right choice for her and you will absolutely love whoever she decides to marry. Just an important perk to remember. . . marriage does bring grand babies and that's a great thing!