Sunday, February 24, 2008

Potpourri

A little bit of Random thoughts:

First of all, the big "campout" ...they also showed movies all night on the side of the tent.
...they pee'd in the great outdoors, ( aka: the backyard) Maria didn't know!
...they were going to hike on Saturday, across the street to get
donuts from Safeway, but it started to sprinkle.
I don't know why, but this campout cracks me up big time~!

Ring! Ring! Ring.....
"Hello?"
"Is your mom there?"
"I am the mom..."
"Oh yeah...listen.... you need blogger intervention right away!"
"what????? What am I doing wrong?"
"I need to come over and teach you how to do all these things, are you available tonight?"

Clearly, this was an emergency. And now, thanks to the marvelous tutelage of CeliaFae, guru of all bloggers, I can add links, have a stat counter and can do a couple of other things that I would have NEVER figured out on my own. So now I owe her and Celia, I understand the magnitude of the debt and you WILL be duly rewarded.

LOVE/HATE Relationship:

I love my husband....he hates blogging.
Byron hates blogging, he says it's MySpace for women. He may have a point there, a teenie tiny point, but a point nonetheless.
So.....in front of the world I hearby swear that I will use my edit button.
* I will not post anything that would humiliate or horrify my family
* I will not make crude or suggestive comments (I am making this promise after I commented on Paige's Christina Aguilera post....)
* I will remember that this is the WORLD WIDE web and is available for public consumption and will behave accordingly.
* I will remember that I am an adult, not a dingy 16 year old, therefore I will not post suggestive and or inappropriate pictures of myself doing things I wouldn't want my mother to see.
* I will not become addicted...I will not become addicted....I will not become addicted.

AND FINALLY....
When I look in the mirror I see this....




not this.........


(my son gasped and said "Mom! You're not going to put a picture of you in your bathing suit!!??!!!
Uh no. Even I have a little bit of self respect. But thanks for caring Jeff.)


Last night we went out to dinner with our cruisin' friends Tom & Vicki. Afterwards we to their house and put videos on of our Mediterranean cruise, I had a major reality check. I have been blue ever since.

So I will not be blogging for a while, I need to spend my time on line looking for a tape worm. I'll let you know when I find it.

10 comments:

Celia Fae said...

You're stopping? After all of that? Sheesh. Now you won't be able to count anyone.

Christie said...

So what if it's the My Space for women? Is that so bad? Please don't stop.

Jenibelle said...

Oh, I am not stopping! Look at the addiction meter....

Erin said...

Don't stop. You're a beautiful blogger and I'm so glad you started. Byron will warm up to it, with time. :)

P.S. Tell me when you find that tape worm. :)

Kim Walus said...

You'll have to let Byron know that your out of town friends who don't get to see you every day appreciate the ability to keep in contact with each other. I'm glad to know you're not stopping. I love reading your blog!! Say Hi to Byron and the kids for me. We miss you all. P.S. I'm sitting in Labor and Delivery right now with Natalie. They should have their baby by tonight. I'll let you know!

Ilene said...

My consolation prize for being horribly pregnant for the entire summer is that I don't have to give a whoopee about bathing suit season. It is a surprisingly comforting thought.

Hazen5 said...

Don't believe it, she ain't stopping any time soon! I took the weekend off, and I feel I have missed so much!

Jenna Wood said...

I loved the campout story. Very funny--chuckle, chuckle.

Jake said...

Will you do a tapeworm give-away contest?

Just remind husband that it COULD be worse. As in E-bay.

At least blogging is free.

Paige said...

Your Christina comment was the all time best- the more suggestive the better so please keep it up and remove that from your list.

You gave Celia a complex so now she put up that stupid counter of favorite blog, so now I have to keep logging in and voting for her so she doesn't have a complex.

It's OK if I'm your favorite, really though. I won't tell Celia. I had no idea how crazy competitive she is. Scary.