Saturday, February 2, 2008

Glad to be alive!!

There is a movie out right now, it isn't getting the greatest of reviews so I probably will wait until it comes out on video...but the premise fascinates me. Two old men get a diagnosis of a terminal illness. So they get together and make a "Bucket List", things they want to do before they 'kick the bucket'. I personally don't want to climb Mt. Everest. I prefer to WATCH someone else do it from the warmth and oxygen friendly confines of my family room. Hang gliding over Iguazu Falls in Argentina? Uh, no thanks! Ride like a hobo in a train? Nope.

I have now been sick for four weeks. One illness after another. I am not exaggerating at all. Tonight as I went to Raley's I started choking and coughing in the store, I managed to make it out of the store before I gagged so much I threw up, right outside the coffee store entrance. (side note: this made for an interesting moral dilemma, tell the store people or just walk away? After I was done making a total spectacle of myself by choking. I walked back in the store through another entrance. A couple of marks on the bad side of my eternal chalkboard....) ANYWAY, now that I have been sick and sore for so long, death seems like a welcome relief. Not really, but for a split second it sounded good and restful. So I thought about making a 'bucket list'. Nah......I am glad to be alive and this is why:

the family, Byron and the kids, chocolate, diet pepsi, teaching seminary, snow capped mountains, freshly baked bread, tapioca pudding, bowling, dancing, singing really loud, Gone with the Wind, daisies, swimming, cruises, good friends, a suntan, books, books, books, my hamster,
driving a big car, my testimony, homemade tacos, sending
packages, hopes and dreams, temples, camping, smore's, pedicures,
having my hair washed,
babies sleeping, my siblings, cashmina sheets, mascara, vacations, the Sound of Music, Venice, possibilities, Raggedy Ann, reconnecting, reminiscing, red shoes with bows, cooking, sewing quilts, cats, barbequed ribs, sparkles and glitz, unexpected surprises, googling, company, music, sleeping in, road trips, sunsets, laughing really hard, Oreos, hugs from my kids, movies, Christmas, inhalers, my job and coworkers, hot cocoa, creativity, Mom & Dad
prayer, blessings, in-laws & out-laws, e-mail, Project Runway, baseball, sunshine & rain, new mown grass, memories, forgiveness, the scriptures, traveling, memories, falling and staying in love, rivers, fast and testimony meetings, Alaska, shrimp scampi, my big pillow,rivers, oatmeal with raisins, cold water, warm slippers, love, my savior Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It's a wonderful world and I am glad to be a happy little part of it!!!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

I like your thankful list. You really go into detail.

Celia Fae said...

Sorry about your illness. I wondered what that smell was outside Raley's last night.

My favorite things on your favorite things list:
your hamster (really?)
tapioca pudding
vacations
colorful fonts
and singing really loud.

Erin said...

Well, I'm certainly glad you're apart of this world! You are a great friend, and I don't think I could have survived 13 without you and your family.

I love your list! Hope you get feeling better, soon.

Kim Walus said...

You really ought to see the Bucket List and forget the critics. I liked it a lot and of course cried at the ending. Bring Kleenex. There's more swearing than usual but the circumstances they found themselves in would make just about anyone want to swear. I too hope you'll get better soon!