Thursday, February 21, 2008

A little note from work

I have the BEST job in the world!! I work at the local high school in the discipline office. If I have to work (which I do...cause of my husbands health) this is the perfect place for me. I love my job. All day long I see naughty kids, they are a little humble by the time they get here. It's funny the stuff that they do, sometimes I'll ask them..."do you want to call your parents or do you want me to?" They get a sick look. Sometimes the drunk kids throw up, I don't like that too much, well, not at all.
One time we had a kid that was stinkin' drunk and was practically delirious. The police officer told him he was going to search his backpack. The kid said "no...do you have the authority to do that?" Mark, our school resource officer said..."well, Travis, I do have the gun." It's such a fun job, I could tell you stories of my last four years. Wait till the warm weather comes and I will have dress code stories and pictures. They are priceless!
These two lovely ladies are my Student Aides, Shivani and McKenzie. They are adorable and I just love them to pieces. They love my blog and wanted to be highlighted SO HERE THEY ARE!!! They figured out how to make flowers out of post-its... Aren't they clever and creative?I think I need to keep them busier. They also did the bulletin board in the back.
They get to do all kinds of fun stuff like running passes all over campus, stuffing envelopes, making copies, making me laugh, looking good and trying to figure out how to get over to the other building to see another TA named Matt who is really, really cute, huh Kenzie?
So make their day and leave them a comment. They really are adorable and I am lucky to have them. Love you Shivani & Kenzie!!!
PS. Lauren, they have graciously offered to be your flower girls should you decide to get hitched some day. Nice.

6 comments:

Hazen5 said...

Shivani & McKenzie, So how is working for Jeni? Is she a "push over" or a "Stickler for the Rules"? Make sure she gives you some Late Passes! I bet she makes you laugh all day! Be good to her, there is alway perks to being friends with the Office Staff.

Lisa-Marie said...

What cute girls you are!!!! I love the post it note flowers but love the fact that you read your "boss'" blog even more! What fun girls.

Good luck with Matt. (and I hope he doesn't read the blog too or the cat's out of the bag, Kenzie.!)

Jake said...

That does sound like a fun job! Lucky you...and lucky girls to work with you!

Erin said...

You'd be a blast to TA for... :)

Kim Walus said...

I agree! Jeni is a blast to be around and that's what I missed the most when my family moved.

Shivani & McKenzie enjoy your time with Jeni and ask her lots of questions. She's very wise and has vast knowledge not to mention she's a great example with lots of life experience! I'm sure you'll have lots of wonderful memories when you graduate.

Ilene said...

My words of wisdom for your girls:

I remember a cute fellow TA my senior year. We flirted and flirted. It was all great fun until my boyfriend stumbled upon one of our flirt sessions. So, the moral of the story is to make sure you have a "lookout" for those daily flirt sessions lest your boyfriend show up and spoil all of the fun.