Monday, February 11, 2008

The Twins

I feel just terrible. I introduced my family to the world through this blog but I forgot the most important two members of my family: THE TWINS. Let me introduce them...here they are....


Ididntdoit and Notme.

All my other children are angels, perfect angels. These two on the other hand, wreak havoc in my home.

For instance:

"Who put shampoo in the fish tank?"
"Notme!!"

"Who took these huge chunks out of the tree trunk?"
"Ididntdoit!"

"Who took the $10 off my dresser?"
"Notme!"

"Who farted in the car?"
"Ididntdoit!!!, Notme!!! Scotty did it!!"
Notme and Ididntdo are shameful tattletales.

"Who spilled orange soda all over the back seat of the car?"
"Notme....Ididntdoit" (apparently the twins were both sitting in the back seat)

Ididntdoit and Notme have punched holes in walls, drawn artwork on the walls, have carved their initials into the furniture (why they put 'MCG' instead of their own initials I'll never understand), used in between the couch cushions as garbage cans, mixed plaster of paris in the sink, pulled off all the blooms on the agapanthas in the backyard, I could go on forever.

Notme is a terrible student. I 'm sorry, a mother shouldn't say anything negative about their child, but honestly, Notme never has homework. Ever.

Ididntdoit is our least considerate child. Oops, there I go being negative again. Ididntdoit eats the last Oreo and leaves the package in the cupboard. Ididntdoit drinks a soda up and leaves the empty can in the fridge. Ididntdoit plugs up the toilet and leaves it, if you know what I mean.

Ididntdoit and Notme ARE our least materialistic children. That's a positive.
"Who wants ice cream?"
"I do!" shout Jeff and Scott

"Who wants to go to the mall and get some new shoes?"
"I do" shouts Mom, Scott, Jeff & Lauren.

"Who wants to go to Disneyland?"
"I do" shout Lauren, Mitch, Jeff and Scott.....
Notme and Ididntdoit are strangely quiet.

So this being tax season, this year I am claiming two more exemptions. In fact, I just might file for back taxes, I have forgotton to claim them for at least 20 years! Gotta go, I need to start dreaming about the refund and how I am going to spend it. When I ask who needs a vacation or extra cash, I'm guessing Notme and Ididntdoit won't say anything.

6 comments:

Celia Fae said...

I was there for the plaster of paris. It was definitely Mitchell. I remember.

Christie said...

Oh, I am sorry to say, but I don't like those two very much. They must have come to visit here because we've heard those same kinds of tattles. BAD kids.

Hazen5 said...

That is sooooo funny! The "Twins" come over to my house a lot to visit.

Lauren said...

ididnotdoit!!!!

someone was trying to sabatoge me and wrote my name on that!!!

Paige said...

Dang it, I now have names for the TWO sets of twins in my house. Fortunately for them, they blame everything on each other.

gab said...

Ha! This is great. I have a real set of twins and they are still young enough to be the scapegoats. Then I'm thinkin' your twins will come for a long-term visit.